• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PM Rage/Spam

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Nice to know he cares about dubs. Too many people of his generation are into fansubs and despise dubs, so its nice to know that he's supporting the industry by supporting dubs . . .

Yet telling sub lovers to go die is a little extreme, no?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
My post was written in a joking mood. I was pretending to take him seriously just for the fun of it. I apologise if you thought I was siding with him.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
It is now 2012, I have to wonder how long he will keep up this charade. Even a person who joke's around a majority of the time will get tired of being the jokester all the time.

But then again, who knows.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:28 am Reply with quote
Hard to tell with you sometimes, dtm42. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Nice to know he cares about dubs.

Mystery solved, it is Dark Paladin X :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Nice to know he cares about dubs.

Mystery solved, it is Dark Paladin X :p

Just got one of these in my work email! It starts out this way:

"I couldn't agree more with you're REDLINE review. It's a [expletive] amazing piece of work and easily showcases the greatest visual accomplishment in animation history; it's a movie I looked forward to seeing for damn near half a year before I got the blu-ray, but it was well worth the wait."

Then it goes into the same copy/paste "f*ck you and your mom" thing he sends everyone because I didn't think the dub was great. Even ends with the same "tell your mom to give me back the money" thing he's used like a dozen times now.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
But it makes no sense to send me two of these since I'm one of the biggest dub fans and dub supporters in the forums! I know he has a giant shit-list of people he hates, and I haven't seen it for years, but I would think I'm not on it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
But it makes no sense to send me two of these since I'm one of the biggest dub fans and dub supporters in the forums! I know he has a giant shit-list of people he hates, and I haven't seen it for years, but I would think I'm not on it.

Wait, you're not accusing Mr. Cut'n'Paste Spammer of acting irrationally, are you??? Say it isn't so.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Ah good old DPX. Yea I still see him get into twitter battles all the titles. I generally tell those who get involved with him to just cut their loses and ignore him. He put me on his "sh*t list" because I said on twitter one that I did not believe that Toradora deserved a dub nor would it benefit from one. I'm just as much as a hardcore dub lover as KOH so to have him put me on a list for those who hates dubs seemed funny.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I ever really got to know Dark Paladin X when he was active here. I scanned over some of his blog and it is certainly a hilarious read, and a little disturbing to boot. However, he doesn't come across as the perpetrator. He's unrepentantly crass and a load of other things I won't name here, but he doesn't seem as mentally unbalanced as our dear spammer. I know Shiroi Hane was joking, but I'm saying this just in case anyone truly thought it was this guy.

Although . . .

If I was to put on my Acme Conspiracy Theorist Goggles, I would point out that the most recent post on his blog was September 29th 2011, and these PMs started a couple of days before I got my first one. That was September 26th, so let's say they started on the 24th or thereabouts. The difference of five days might seem like a normal co-incidence to normal people, but with these goggles on it does look awfully suspicious.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Just got one of these in my work email!

I don't suppose he left you his IP address in the headers as a present did he?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Asimpson2006, Ah Toradora. Great show, I certainly did enjoy watching that one. Haven't really seen any conversation on that series in some time though, but not much you can do there.

Dtm42: That blog was certainly, detailed, to say the least. Hilarious, but very detailed as well. I say that in the neutral sense though.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
He's getting lazy now

Subject: vroom brooms=shit thing+not coolest anime thing=FACT, u+ur mother STUPID BITCH=FACT
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, now he's just phoning it in. I wonder what made him lose his passion?
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
What is a vroom broom, anyway?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9