• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PM Rage/Spam

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:46 am Reply with quote
He continues to defeat his own argument in every message he sends. "You know the drill.....abandoning this site forever," he has created his own paradox of stupidity. He keeps reminding us of the fact that he's going to abandon this site forever, but he never does. This guy is a genius, no doubt about it.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
Jmfsilenthill: Wouldn't a genius find a better way to utilize his or her time though? This seems as if this is a great deal of work, merely for the sake of causing ruckus.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
If we stopped giving him attention via this thread, would he be more likely to just give up?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
@Shiroi Hane

I don't think so, the boy clearly has issues. I doubt any action would change his ways.

In any case this way we get to insult him at leisure. Most of the people in this thread seem to be more amused than upset. Unless there are problems that don't appear here, we might as well get as much fun out of him as possible.
bravetailor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
DEmerr
To:
bravetailor
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:48 pm
Subject:

akira DOES have likeble characters, bitch. other thn that though, good post

Anyways u know the drill about this account being abandoned bitch

Now you're just getting lazy, guy. You don't sign up for an account to post two short sentences and then abandon the account.

Thanks for the compliment though. I agree it was a good post!

Laughing
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:30 am Reply with quote
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote
Nope. He PM'd me out of the blue. I just ignored him aside from that reply and he kept messaging me anyway.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking into this. And no, he's definitely not the same guy.

In fact, haven't heard anything from that other guy in a few months now. Maybe he's finally gone away for good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Again, let's not go down this road and turning this in to a thread for finger pointing, witch hunts, or calling out specific users.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Confirmed and banned for one month.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I think I drove a man insane.

DomonX2 wrote:
Are you seriously Gay? Titan, if you are gay, you CAN tell me. I won't hold it against you.(Okay, I will) I've learned to tolerate homosexuals a bit more, though I still hate them. But if you are gay, I wouldn't be suprised. And yes, you are black. I know you are.

DomonX2 wrote:
Respond this time dumbass, and Face Me FailureXL. Also Zac, read this message and ban me, because we all know HOW much of a man you are.

DomonX2 wrote:
Y u so mad?
Y u so mad?
Y u so mad?
Y u so mad?
Y u so mad?

Cry moar.
Cry moar.
Cry moar.
Cry moar.
Cry moar.

DomonX2 wrote:
Dumbass, respond to me! TitanXL, stop avoiding me! If you think you can beat me, then answer!

Only a few highlights, since all of them would be too long and dumb to post. I got a bunch of PMs from him the past week or two, and while at first it was amusing seeing him type up some essay-length PMs at me and to just ignore them and make him waste his time, the annoyance of PM popups and email notifications is steadily outweighing that enjoyment. Also he started getting all homophobic and racist again which is where I think the line has been crossed from sad troll to annoying bigot. (Also apparently he hates Zac and thinks the best way to "call him out" is through a PM at me for some reason)
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Meh, might not be the same guy, could just be someone who isn't fond of you. Got to be honest, there's a lot of them on these forums.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
Got to admit it's kind of flattering he'd go so far as to open a YouTube account just to make rant videos about me.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
Well, he seems pretty fantastically unhinged. I think it might be the 'incoherent rage' phase given the repetition and seemingly misplaced fury against Zac. So much misplaced, yet uninteresting beyond the shock value, effort.

Some folks is just angry folks.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Meh, might not be the same guy, could just be someone who isn't fond of you. Got to be honest, there's a lot of them on these forums.

Uh, am I missing something? According to TitanXL the guy's name is DomonX2, the same guy who got himself banned for a month earlier up the page. Seems like an open and shut case to me.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9