• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Eva Film Remake to Add Redesigned EVAs, New Girl

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
So it's not really a remake as much as an add-on for more merchandise. Oh well, I'm not surprised, considering that's all Gainax has right now. Anyway, I'm surprised the IMDB'ers haven't given it a 10 like they have for every geek movie this year.
Roy9076

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote
ADV needs to pick this up, now! First release a sub then the dub with sub. That way, it'll make more money! Anyways, exciting news!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Usually when I hear somebody offering more fanservice in the next installment of something, I wince, but when Misato says it, I don't - can't - mind it.

You have to remember that "fan service" doesn't have as narrow a definition as most people think. The Eva launch sequence, a nod to a popular otaku show, and general inside jokes are also considered "service".

I mean, does anyone really consider Eva a fanservice-y show in terms of sexiness? What show were they watching?
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Viga_of_stars wrote:
I mean come on! ADV rapes Eva on a daily basis.
Rolling Eyes

Sorry I mean rapes in a good way. They bring out the remaster box sets and thinpack and are responsible for my Eva love.

If you ever met me its common for me to say rape an object or show as a term of my fangirl affection. For example:

"Hey I raped that Haruhi LE so fast!:"

Its a thing me and my friends say locally here. I can understand if you misunderstood.
fxg97873

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
Viga_of_stars wrote:
I mean come on! ADV rapes Eva on a daily basis.
Rolling Eyes

Sorry I mean rapes in a good way. They bring out the remaster box sets and thinpack and are responsible for my Eva love.

If you ever met me its common for me to say rape an object or show as a term of my fangirl affection. For example:

"Hey I raped that Haruhi LE so fast!:"

Its a thing me and my friends say locally here. I can understand if you misunderstood.

Prison?

Smile

j/k

I wonder how long it will take for an R2/HiDef release in Japan.
Can't wait!

mk2000
CitizenGeek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Axe-336 wrote:
Maybe some big company will realize what a valuable property Evangelion is and bring it over for a theatrical release? I mean, its been out long enough that people the industry could've have watched it in college and now gone on to succesful careers.

Yeah, that would be fantastic! I would love, more than anything, than for some big name company like Sony or Fox to pick up this movie, market the hell out of it, and release it theatrically!
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:

Sorry I mean rapes in a good way.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

There is no "good" context for rape
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There is no "good" context for rape

George Carlin disagrees.

Last edited by GATSU on Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
z7q2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
A full review of Evangelion: 1.0 will be posted

WHEN!!?!?!1

This is the internet, right? I was expecting 300 dpi scans of the theater handouts, pictures of fans waiting in line for 3 days, and youtube videos of people interviewed immediately after seeing the film. Right now I can find nothing. Google news' most recent mention is about the 1.0 'international premiere' at the Pusan film festival in October. Nothing even made it onto 4chan /a/ yet, and they love teh Rei. Wish I could read 2ch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
child of Lilith

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I’m glad this is finally out and I hope ADV gets it and brings it over here fast. From the review I read on Evamonkey it sounds like the first movie is a shortened version of the first part of the show and the real fireworks don’t start until the next movie but I still want to see it. I also read the new charter is not Mana but someone completely new.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting to hear the news today as well. Considering it's release. Can't wait to see the turn-out on that day. I'm sure the BBS boards have been buzzing like nobody's business. Feeling good, my mom bought me the LE red & crimson DS for my B-day and the first EVA movie was released today. And it seems it did well.

I SO WANT TO SEE IT!!!

I'm curious about the redesigns though. I'm wondering if '00' and '01' were redesigned or just had a paint change. I've tried to find pictures to compare the movie design EVA from the TV series. But when they talk about redesign, I hope the change isn't too ludicrous. One step away from and the masses will go crazy. But hey, sometimes you got to take a step. Now I wonder who this new girl will be? A new girl or Asuka? Or it could be that girl from the EVA "detective game" or 'Girlfriend of Steel'. Hmmm...
Dune

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You have to remember that "fan service" doesn't have as narrow a definition as most people think. The Eva launch sequence, a nod to a popular otaku show, and general inside jokes are also considered "service".

I mean, does anyone really consider Eva a fanservice-y show in terms of sexiness? What show were they watching?

One can get that impression from 10+years of Gainax merchandise, unfortunately...

Quote:
Now I wonder who this new girl will be? A new girl or Asuka? Or it could be that girl from the EVA "detective game" or 'Girlfriend of Steel'. Hmmm...

Wait- I never played the thing, but wasn't that character a complete Mary Sue? ..Oh wow. If Anno added a flat-out Mary Sue to the main cast, I think I would die from laughter. Laughing

It's a little wierd seeing where New Girl would fit in though. Almost everybody in the show can be divided into groups of three following Id/Ego/Superego, a la the Kirk/Spock/Scotty angle. We've already got the three pilots, Misato's love triangle, those three NERV computer guys, etc... Should be interesting to see what groups will change, if any.
BrianRuh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quote
And what lousy timing: "Japan passes camcorder ban" Cool
endsmouth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quote
The new girl could be Mayumi Yamagishi from Evangelion 2nd Impression for the Saturn. Though I'm basing this on the fact that she also wears glasses. But for all we know the plan is to combine characteristics of Mayumi and Mana into one original character.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Or it could be a completely new girl that no one has ever heard of until now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7