• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: “Anime Bento” Festival Serves Up Four Nights of the Freshest Anime Titles on the Big Screen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haruhifan1200

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote
This is the best thing ever!!!
For several reasons:
1. It's actually playing in a regular theater. Not an art house theater, not a little one that no one goes to- REGAL theaters. Which is what the majority of the theaters in my state are.
2. Not to mention I live about 5 miles away from one of the theaters the movies are gonna be in.

This will be really nice for anime fans who just can't always go to an anime movie in theaters (last time FMA was here, it was in one theater, and that was more than some states.)
And there are extras! Like mini-documentarys for the FUNimations, and Cagliostro is going to play Ep. 1 of Tactics. Karas had a preview of the new sequel.
One little question though: is it $10.00 for all four movies, or $10.00 for one movie?

Either way, I am so excited for this!
Animepimp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote
haruhifan1200 wrote:
This is the best thing ever!!!
For several reasons:
1. It's actually playing in a regular theater. Not an art house theater, not a little one that no one goes to- REGAL theaters. Which is what the majority of the theaters in my state are.
2. Not to mention I live about 5 miles away from one of the theaters the movies are gonna be in.

This will be really nice for anime fans who just can't always go to an anime movie in theaters (last time FMA was here, it was in one theater, and that was more than some states.)
And there are extras! Like mini-documentarys for the FUNimations, and Cagliostro is going to play Ep. 1 of Tactics. Karas had a preview of the new sequel.
One little question though: is it $10.00 for all four movies, or $10.00 for one movie?

Either way, I am so excited for this!

It's $10 per movie.

I know since I acutally called the Movie theatre closest to me.
CloakBass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
````````````````

Last edited by CloakBass on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:12 pm Reply with quote
CloakBass wrote:
Ouch. At least with Naruto, the movie hadn't come out on DVD yet.

Seeing something on DVD isn't quite the same as seeing it in a theater.
I got my tickets Thursday for Robotech and FMA. Don't want to drive 50 miles to find it's sold out like I did for the Naruto movie. I'm not sure if I'll see Lupin and Karas since I've already seen them.
Animepimp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
CloakBass wrote:

I got my tickets Thursday for Robotech and FMA. Don't want to drive 50 miles to find it's sold out like I did for the Naruto movie. I'm not sure if I'll see Lupin and Karas since I've already seen them.

How true. Though a good marketing strategy to reach anime fans would be to show anime in Movie theatres that HAVE NOT put on DVD.
Which may be easier said then done.
Just thought I would through that out there.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Animepimp wrote:
samuraiwalt wrote:
CloakBass wrote:

How true. Though a good marketing strategy to reach anime fans would be to show anime in Movie theatres that HAVE NOT put on DVD.

Actually Robotech and FMA were shown in theaters before their release on DVD. I missed them first time around but I'm thrilled to get a second chance to see them in a theater.
Animepimp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:39 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
Animepimp wrote:
samuraiwalt wrote:
CloakBass wrote:

Actually Robotech and FMA were shown in theaters before their release on DVD. I missed them first time around but I'm thrilled to get a second chance to see them in a theater.

I was refering to Castle Cagliostro(sp?) and Karas.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1