• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Comedy anime recommendations.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animebrainyanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:14 am Reply with quote
All of these animè series below are ecchi so "beware".

Hanaukyo Maids-Tai - I have included this as an animé comedy recommendation because I like the flow of the story. I'm fond of watching masters having a relationship among the maids, plus adding up some ecchi makes the story more up a twist. I recommended this series especially for those who're watching Hayate no Gotoku! It does have a remake.

Rizelmine - Also is an ecchi series. The plot of this story is that a girl who is child or does look like a 12 year old girl or to put up she doesn't age! The title itself is the name, and does come up with a good story/plot, because for that girl to age is to have *you know what with the three letters* with a boy that she likes. The good part is that the story makes the characters more to have a relationship and that makes me arouse (Oh no! did I said something wrong?).

I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs - I don't know why this title doesn't come up with the story? I think it is something to do with some sex-twist-bender. One of the many good comedy animè series that I've watched. It is something to do with a Sensei(Teacher) and Student relationship, more like Onegai Teacher but do not think that this is an embelished storyline, It defeats the comedic part. For short I hate Drama, and Ecchi chemistry. Well, if it something to do with more of a serious relationship then better watch Onegai! Teacher but this animè has its own version of a serious part, expect that part on the end of the animè series. You'll love the ecchiness of some characters of this animè plus with all the the immense comedy that every viewer will surely loved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
annakrazys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quote
Kodocha
It's about an elementary school girl super star named Sana. She's very crazy and she makes the whole show funny. It's definitely a comedy but also part drama. But I don't think it did that well in the U.S. cause they're not dubbing the second season. Sad Which is a shame because it was very well dubbed. It's a very good show one of my favorites. It's like a classic Shoujo: drama, romance, funny and Akito!
It's a very silly kind of comedy probably meant for younger people but me and my sister's found it hilarious, actually so did my mom. Shocked She loved it! So I think anyone would appreciate it.
kizzmequik_74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:34 am Reply with quote
Again, not exactly straight-out comedies, more slice-of-life with comedic content, but...

NieA_7: Tokyo, in the near future, but with one major difference: there are countless numbers of aliens who have come to Earth as a bunch of immigrants. The story focuses on Mayuko, a poor, hard-working ronin student, and Niea, the under-7 class alien who lives in her closet. Has some of the visual feel of Lain, but with warmer colors, and somewhat softer character designs. Most of the humor derives from the perennial poverty of Mayuko and Niea, as well as the contrast between the personalities of the two leads, but most of the supporting cast are also genuinely interesting (and funny). It's not exactly a laugh-a-minute gag series, but it has its brilliant spots.

Nodame Cantabile: A series about the life of a group of students in a music college, focusing on Chiaki Shinichi, a perfectionist piano student with dreams of becoming a conductor, and Noda Megumi, another piano student with an incredible amount of talent, but with an appalling lack of motivation. The humor mainly is (as above) based on the contrast between the personalities of the two leads. The supporting cast also does a great job in ramping up the funny. The series is buoyed by Ayako Kawasumi's masterful performance as Nodame, in one of her best performances (she also voiced Mayuko in NieA_7). Some drama, some romance, but a lot of comedy as well.
animebrainyanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote
kizzmequik_74 wrote:
Again, not exactly straight-out comedies, more slice-of-life with comedic content, but...

NieA_7: Tokyo, in the near future, but with one major difference: there are countless numbers of aliens who have come to Earth as a bunch of immigrants. The story focuses on Mayuko, a poor, hard-working ronin student, and Niea, the under-7 class alien who lives in her closet. Has some of the visual feel of Lain, but with warmer colors, and somewhat softer character designs. Most of the humor derives from the perennial poverty of Mayuko and Niea, as well as the contrast between the personalities of the two leads, but most of the supporting cast are also genuinely interesting (and funny). It's not exactly a laugh-a-minute gag series, but it has its brilliant spots.

I didn't think that this animè would be funny but it's a good for recommendation comedy genre. It's rare to see such comedy series genre which involves unfortunate people. Yeah, it's great and fun to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Keroro Gunso: Five aliens bent on world domination crash land on Earth. The entire platoon is seperated. Sergeant Keroro, the leader of the platoon, must do chores for the Hinata family in exchange for a place to stay. His biggest obstacle in the way of the world domination is... Gundam? Over time, he finds the lost members of the platoon, and then the plans for invasion really begin.... Of course, they all fail miserably. Keroro Gunso does have references and parodies to other anime (especially Gundam), and it's adorable to boot!

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu: Basic Summary: Girl meets boy, girl EATS boy, then girl regurgitates boy. Full summary: Pretty much a girl eats boy story... Hale, a ten year old boy living in a Jungle, is asked to go and get bananas. While picking the bananas, he notices something strange. Later, his Mother brings a mysterious girl, named Guu, home with her. The two of them played a board game, and then went to sleep.... But the next day, that sweet little girl had changed! From then on, Guu tries her hardest to ruin Hale's life, and defying the laws of physics while she's at it! This will probably be the most random anime you will ever see, trust me. I guarantee you will laugh at loud at least once in the series.
young98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:15 am Reply with quote
Great Teacher Onizuka is a great comedic choice, even the voice actor for Onizuka is hilarious, i think maybe one of the best voice jobs ever, almost any situation with Onizuka will be funny, even ones where he's trying to be serious, there'll be a laugh in every episode, don't miss it
Azumanga Daioh as it's been mentioned, it's kind of more slife-of-life, but some parts are sooo funny, some jokes are overused, and aren't that funny, but most of the time, it puts a smile on my face, even the first scene with Yukari-sensei will make you laugh, lots of scenes with Osaka will be fun too
wanda_tail

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Gakuen Alice:The story is about Mikan Sakura who had travel to Tokyo to find her bestfriend,Hotaru.She use the post card that Hotaru gave her to tell direction(you will know what exactly happen if you watch this Anime).Her friend is actually schooled at the academy that only people that have abilities that called'Alice'.This Anime is totally funny you should try it.I have watch the last episode but the manga is still going.I think it is better for me to read manga.

Fushigi Yuugi:The story is about a highschool girl,Miaka Yuki who accidentally got into the four gods book with her friend.And then they had realize that the environment around them had change(actually they at china.At the ancient China).It is such a wonderful Anime with a romantic and funny scene Smile .

Saiunkoku Monogatari:This Anime is About Shirley Hong who had been chosen to be a queen for an idiot king (oh i don't remember his name Anime smile + sweatdrop )This Anime is also funny and romantic.I'm a fan of the idiot king,koyu and (oh i don't remeber its name to).[/b]
GreatTeacherKen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Manabi Straight: A short summary of the premise: It's in the near future and Seioh Gakuen is running into a problem. Students are lacking motivation and less and less of them are going to school. Mikan is the new student council president and she frankly doesn't know what to do. Enter Manabi, the new transfer student who through sheer enthusiasm quickly becomes the new student council president and embarks on the task of creating a fun school festival to restore school spirit.

I really love this show, I even listed it in my top ten. It's quite impressive how this show can create such likeable and endearing characters within the short time frame of 12 episodes. To be honest, the show is not exactly a straight comedy like some of the other shows mentioned here. Rather, it's more of a comedy-drama or a dramedy. And there are some really well-done dramatic scenes in the show as well as interesting imagery. That isn't to say the show isn't funny, when it's being funny, it's hilarious with some of the funniest moments involving Momoha (the newspaper reporter/camera girl) who's somewhat Osaka like. Incredibly addictive soundtrack as well.

Hidamari Sketch: Premise: An anachronological slice of life of the everday lives of a group of art school girls.

Although this show is a comedy, it's much more low-key and gentle than most. But I think this is to its benefit. It's very funny but at the same time very relaxing, and it also has some very interesting and unusual imagery (a very Shinbo-like thing) Lots of cute moments too.

Lucky Star: A slice of life of a bunch of high school girls, one of which is a hardcore otaku.

This show intially did spark some controversy and of all the Kyoani shows, this one seems to be the most polarizing. Nevertheless I really enjoyed this show. It's very funny and the characters are pretty easy to relate to on some level. Surprising for a comedy, the show gets better as it goes along (most comedies I find tend to run out of steam at some point) though again this is a more lower-key style of humor, not as low-key as hidamari sketch or ichigo mashimaro, but you won't see a lot of slapstick jokes or outright craziness.

It's got a great supporting cast too, though most of them don't get introduced until the 2nd half of the show.
Bunchuu of Chouka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen anyone mention Golden Boy yet!
Much of the humor is sexual, but it's still a great time if you aren't offended by that sort of thing. The main character is a young man named Kintaro Oe who travels in search of new jobs to perform. He seeks out knowledge, and takes notes on everything.
Oh. And he's a tremendous pervert, too.
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at an anime before. I highly reccomend it.
Heartless1808

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quote
Urusei Yatsura: The original title is a Japanese pun, and roughly translates as "those obnoxious aliens". The series is very light-hearted in nature and often quite bizarre. It concerns the adventures of a group of teenagers who live in Tomobiki, an area of the Nerima ward of Tokyo on a slightly fantastical and often ridiculously surreal version of Earth. The story centers around an extremely lecherous and very unlucky high-school boy, Ataru Moroboshi, and the bikini clad alien princess Lum. Lum is in love with Ataru because he accidentally proposed to her, even though he chases after every humanoid female other than Lum. (He lost interest in her as soon as she started chasing him, and also probably because she uses her powers on him many times, which come in the form of electric shocks.) The series is mainly episodic, with only occasional plots spanning more than one chapter/episode. Each of these usually concerns Ataru's ill-luck, his lechery (and Lum's jealousy thereof) or the wide variety of weird humans and aliens who love, hate, or simply meddle with Lum and Ataru. If found myself laughing outloud a lot most of the time, but there are some episodes that are kinda....duds comedy wise. NOT advise to be watched with youngins near by, lots of coarse language and boobies are sometimes shown.
ShadowTrader

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Gintama! I can't believe no one has mentioned this satirical masterpiece. I still can't believe how many people have not see the genius of this anime, and how little attention it gets. The puns, the parodies, and the stupid jokes almost never stop but all in all they don't hinder the flow of the anime but instead add to its superiority as one of the best satirical comedies of all time.

Last edited by ShadowTrader on Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
finalcloud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
Do you ever watch Ninja Nonsenes series? I watched it, and it was so funny, tears come out of my eyes. Sometime it can be weird but I enjoy it. I think that ninja girl can be sexy sometime but she very weird, and hard to understand other.
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
Although later on it's more of a romance, Onegai Teacher sure has it's funny moments, a lot of them are somehow linked with sexual intercourse. Still, it's really funny.
ARX7Arbelestpilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi: This show is downright insane its so funny. Sasshi and Arrumi are two elementry students from Osaka when the reconstruction of Osaka takes away there familys places of buisness somthing strange happens leading the two friends on a journy through several diffrent crazy theamed versions of there home town.

Last edited by ARX7Arbelestpilot on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Jing: King Of Bandits - Although not purely a funny series, it has its comedic moments, with much thanks to Jing's womanizing sidekick Kir and the occasional ditzy Jing Girl (Rose being an example). If you want an anime with action, girls, comedy, and a pervert albatross, well, you got it in KOBJ. Sadly, it's short, but I guess that's good for those who are looking for a small series to watch to pass the time as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6