• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Game Showcased with Interactive 3D Web Haruhi

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:33 pm Reply with quote
la_contessa wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
I can't get the web toy to work. Crying or Very sad Is anyone else having trouble

I'm having trouble too. I've tried it on two computers, and reinstalled Flash on each one, to no avail. I can't figure out why it won't load Sad

Finally got it to work. A reboot did it for me.

I guess I am not as impressed as many have stated they were here. I mean it is neat, and it will be cool if all the characters always move like this throughout the entire gameflow. But I don't see anything very revolutionary here.

It did give me an idea of something I would want though. Haruhi screensaver, and all the implications that that would bring with it Anime catgrin Talk to me Haruhi! Talk to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rtiangha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I think what does it is the fact that she's breathing.

Really sells it.
TAKAVAR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I really doubt it is a real 3D model. Its just a 2d image that stretches and compresses in certain parts to create the illusion that its 3D. Also, the distance between the chin and the mouth gets really odd when she tilts her head upwards.
If you can rotate that head 90 degrees you are my new god.

Last edited by TAKAVAR on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
icepick314

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote
fun...

already preordered PS2 LE and PSP LE versions...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PurpleM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is neat! Is there a way to save it? I mean, it's just a Flash file right?
Kibate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote
That's definietly not 3D, it's just morphing
don't get me wrong, for a flash it still looks good, pretty neat, but not 3D

..and she can't look down XP
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quote
I think the really creepy thing is that, no matter how her eyes are pointing, she always has that same sort of threatening smile on her face.

Still, this is pretty darn cool. I wish I could put it on my desktop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quote
Oh really now people, this kind of technology has been around for years, and it's not exactly that hard to program a flash animation to alter it's dimensions depending on the x,y cooridinates of the mouse pointer. Just because it's Haruhi and you haven't seen it before doesn't mean it's revolutionary let alone ahead of it's time.

And regarding that facial expression, I'm used to it by now as it's the only one I ever see in official character art of her. In fact look at the magazine scans for the game and the characters each have one or two very familiar facial expressions to them. Of course being a dating sim style game you can hardly fault it, but still the promo art for the series is starting to remind me of when I used to see that same Pikachu expression and pose in almost every format imaginable, from stickers, to posters to plastic toys. Suzumiya Haruhi has barely been around for a year as a popular icon and I think she already needs to redefine her image. So in that sense I guess she's a lot like Madonna.
testorschoice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:06 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Oh really now people, this kind of technology has been around for years, and it's not exactly that hard to program a flash animation to alter it's dimensions depending on the x,y cooridinates of the mouse pointer. Just because it's Haruhi and you haven't seen it before doesn't mean it's revolutionary let alone ahead of it's time.

I think only a few people are saying this is revolutionary or ahead of its time--most people are just saying it's eerily spot-on, especially for a novel-to-anime-to-game-to-demo remake.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:30 am Reply with quote
No problems here with the latest Firefox and latest Flash...

I'm not too impressed though - it looks like they just re-used the flash code from those dog ads - although the bite routine has been disabled - it would have been fun to have Harui bite the cursor...
rojjin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if you have noticed but if you look closely you can actually see here chest raise and lower when she breathes. It is pretty interesting.
detective392

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Has there been any news on if bandai namco will bring this or the wii,ps2 game to america since it's a huge hit hear and the dvd's are selling really strongly and bandai is also doing the anime?
Renci

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:22 am Reply with quote
If you look closely all the figure does is stretch at certain points. Biggest proof of this is that the bottom of Haruhi's hair doesn't move... at all >.>

But yea.. i would love this on my desktop Anime smile
Machius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:43 am Reply with quote
That is very cool. I want to get the game now.

That said in comparison to the anime Haruhi there is something very subtlely wrong about this model that bugs me.
roanhammer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quote
The creepy thing about the eyes is that the iris doesn't round off at the bottom, but rather takes the shape of the bottom of the eye.

Just make her look up, and you'll see what I mean.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3