• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Anime Network to Simulcast Persona 4 The Animation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacksonh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
AnimeNetwork facebook page also says they're going to simulcast "Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere" Wink

http://www.facebook.com/TheAnimeNetwork

Anime Network
‎"...and JUST in case you guys missed it, we'll ALSO be simulcasting Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Tuesday October 4th"

EDIT

but.. I see you already mentioned that previously

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-28/sentai-filmworks-adds-horizon-in-the-middle-of-nowhere

Embarassed
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
jacksonh wrote:
AnimeNetwork facebook page also says they're going to simulcast "Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere" Wink

http://www.facebook.com/TheAnimeNetwork

Anime Network
‎"...and JUST in case you guys missed it, we'll ALSO be simulcasting Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Tuesday October 4th"

That was actually announced yesterday on this site.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome, I am happy that I am going to be able to watch the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote
So are they going to force people to register and subscribe to watch anything past episode 2, or has Sentai finally figured out how simulcasts are supposed to work?
pcj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
So are they going to force people to register and subscribe to watch anything past episode 2, or has Sentai finally figured out how simulcasts are supposed to work?

The article says they're putting in on Hulu 24 hours after it's on Anime Network's site, so I would guess if you don't want to subscribe you can just watch it on Hulu.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:

I think you will probably still have to have an account in order to watch it that day, but... it will also be on hulu so the next day you can watch it on there for free. this is ABSOLUTELY a step in the right direction. now if they can just not screw up the editing of there subtitles and that the cast will be coming back and I will be happy to buy that bluray
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:34 pm Reply with quote
pcj wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:

The article says they're putting in on Hulu 24 hours after it's on Anime Network's site, so I would guess if you don't want to subscribe you can just watch it on Hulu.

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
it will also be on hulu so the next day you can watch it on there for free.

I live in Canada, so that is not an option for me.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:

How about reading the article before posting? Wink It says the stream will be free on Anime Network. Usually this means it will play on thei embedded Hulu player, but since you are from Canada you will be directed to their native JW player.

You may have to register, similar to CR, but you only have to subscribe if you want a premium membership (unlimited access to all videos, no commercials, HD on available videos, etc).
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:

Here is what TAN has to say on their own website (bold is my emphasis):

Quote:
Starting on Thursday, October 6th, the series will stream every week for free on Anime Network Online at 3 PM Eastern, the same day that it airs on TV in Japan. In addition, the episodes will be available to watch on free, ad-supported Hulu and the Hulu Plus subscription service within 24 hours.

I expected as much, as I cannot recall any instance where they posted a series to Hulu, but made it available only to paid members on the site, with the exception of shows that had both a dub and sub, with only the sub being posted on Hulu.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:

How about reading the article before posting? Wink It says the stream will be free on Anime Network. Usually this means it will play on thei embedded Hulu player, but since you are from Canada you will be directed to their native JW player.

You may have to register, similar to CR, but you only have to subscribe if you want a premium membership (unlimited access to all videos, no commercials, HD on available videos, etc).

I'm still irked by the fact that you need to register in order to watch, which is going to greatly discourage people to watch the simulcasts. I'll see how this goes.
RyougaZell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
So what countries can watch their streams?

I'm planning to buy the Bluray when it comes out... but if their streams aren't available on my country don't blame when I torrent them =P
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:

I'm still irked by the fact that you need to register in order to watch, which is going to greatly discourage people to watch the simulcasts. I'll see how this goes.

I don't think most people are so lazy that they won't take 60 seconds to register for site streaming a show they really want. If a simple one page registration will deter them from watching it, they probably didn't want to watch it that badly in the first place. And if they didn't really want to watch it, they were unlikely to buy it so their loss is not really noticed by anyone.

Plus, I doubt it affects their numbers that much, especially with their streaming on Hulu as well. With every simulcast, their number of users has only climbed. Registration also allows you access to their forums, where you can report problems with the stream (bad a/vf, subtitle issues, etc), as well as their social community site which hosts groups, photos, etc.

You have to register on CR, and even for certain videos and functions on YouTube, so why not on other sites.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:15 pm Reply with quote
RyougaZell wrote:

I'm planning to buy the Bluray when it comes out... but if their streams aren't available on my country don't blame when I torrent them =P

Just the US and Canada. Those are the only territories where Sentai has distribution rights.
RyougaZell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
RyougaZell wrote:

Just the US and Canada. Those are the only territories where Sentai has distribution rights.

No legal stream on my country then. And we live next to the states. Bah!
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote
RyougaZell wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
No legal stream on my country then. And we live next to the states. Bah!
Right next to the states, but not Canada .. Mexico, maybe? Or else in the Caribbean?

In R2landia as far as DVD rights go, in any event, and DVD rights still swing the biggest stick.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2