• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Survey: Server Names

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I just want to make it clear that I would've gone back and set up a series of eBay auctions where you could have one of ANN's servers named after your forums username.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:59 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Just an FYI, while it's fun to see all the entries, we're going to stick with the AMG theme... sorry, I kinda thought that would be obvious when I made the poll, but I see now that it wasn't

Well, the unrestricted "other" option urged many people (especially those who didn't get the names) to simply submit their most favorite character / series. If the poll could be redone (very very unlikely anyway) I'd add "AMG characters only" besides the "other" option.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:37 am Reply with quote
dude, Heimdal is, like, the perfect name for a firewall. I will so have to suggest that name to my bro if he gets a new firewall. altho I'd not be surprised if his current one is named that, he's a Norse-based neopagan after all and has been for most of two decades.
Maryohki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quote
Three guesses who put up the suggestions Gunter, MuraKen, and Gwendal for web, database, and firewall? x3. I really need to un-addict myself to KKM...
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Just an FYI, while it's fun to see all the entries, we're going to stick with the AMG theme... sorry, I kinda thought that would be obvious when I made the poll, but I see now that it wasn't Anime smallmouth;

-t

I learned the names in the avatar thread and thought it was a joke at first lol. I think sticking with them is the best idea. Not just because I'm a OMG fanboy by the way. I mean they're the history ANN in a way. The site obviously has to update and change certain features to keep up with the times and bring new things to us. So while many things are subject to change keeping the server names the same is sorta like keeping part of ANN's history intact. The Lind firewall (from avatar thread) is a cute idea though. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3