• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bones Co-Founder Hiroshi Ōsaka Passes Away at 44

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stagedive_25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:11 am Reply with quote
It's very sad. My condolence and prayers to him and his family. He inspired me to work in this industry.
saorren

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quote
condolences.

rip.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Deleted. RIP.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
KimokoKin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Wait till our anime club heres about this....

[tear]
Shocked
ichido reichan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:01 am Reply with quote
I tell you, they never retire, they have to pass away to stop working on Anime!!!

Kondo passed away days after finishing work on mononoke hime,

so sad his last work was apiece of crap...Oh well, even raul Julia did street fighter as his last movie before passing away...
is better this way, to finish your masterpieces in life....

Now is too cynical for some to say that "I'll miss his works.." the direction of animation sequences are not noted by anybody...so here we go jumping the generic train for some....
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quote
His Japanese wikipedia entry says he sometimes used the alias Umetaro Saitani (才谷梅太郎); whereas there is also a mangaka named Umetaro Saitani (才谷ウメタロウ). I think the anime credits listed here for Umetaro SAITANI are actually Hiroshi Ōsaka's.
testorschoice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
ichido reichan wrote:
Now is too cynical for some to say that "I'll miss his works.." the direction of animation sequences are not noted by anybody...so here we go jumping the generic train for some....

His animation direction was noted by some of us. Some of us did follow his career, notice his striking illustrations in magazines, watch for his credits in Studio R, Sunrise, and Bones works, and made a point of personally meeting him at a convention visit.

For other people, even if they learned after the fact that there is a reason for the excellent animation standard from Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop to Wolf's Rain and Fullmetal Alchemist, let them mourn equally, since it is still a loss.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:47 am Reply with quote
Well like many others I am saddened by his loss. Bones is one of the power 3 companies I love so I'm saddened even more. Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory and Wolf's Rain are two on my favorites list Cancer is truly an indiscriminate killer and it really sucks for someone at all, especially with his talent, to die younger like he did. Despite the loss at least his family and friends can take heart and know he left his mark on the world and entertained millions of people. That's definitely something to be proud of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2