• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Case Closed for Detective Conan? Not Quite

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CitizenGeek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quote
I'm only on volume 5, but I really love Case Closed (as it's known here)! I really hope it does end soon, so I'll have less to catch up with!
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Case Closed legendary run is comparable to that of Pokemon. Love it or hate it, its longevity is truly amazing. And should be hailed as a great achievement for the series.
Bara_Megami

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Sir Hamilton wrote:
The day I am able to read japanese I would like to pick up the manga but for now Id like to catch up to the anime~

You do know the manga is being released in english, right? Have you tried and dislike the translation, do you just have something against Viz, or do you honestly not know? There are like 12 or 13 volumes out, iirc.

In the Viz manga translation, I heard that they renamed all the characters to match the English dub version (Shinichi=Jimmy, Ran=Rachel, Dect. Mori=Richard etc.) or so I hear. That alone would make me rip my hair out, which prevented me from buying them.

This is really well-timed news for me, because I just bought and finished watching three random Detective Conan DVDs for $5 each at Wal-mart, and it's quite fun to watch. It's totally stupid how they're organized on North American DVD though - episodes are skipped over and not released at all. Not to mention 3 episodes a DVD for a 400-500 episodes+ series...WEAK.
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote
I really wish he'd just stop. After 10 volumes of all the same stuff and no plot advancing (not to mention 0 character development) at all (save the usual "something happens but it's resolved") I dropped it. I highly doubt Aoyama has been able to keep the series really fresh after all these years.
skyechan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
I personally can't wait for him to finish it so he can go back and work on Magic Kaitou please. <3 I'll be sad, but the series is so long that you can probably read and reread for eternity or something.

Dear God, YES. He seriously needs to work again on Magic Kaito. For Kaitou Kid is awesome. <3<3<3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2