• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Station Cites Principal's Arrest for Pulling Nymphet

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ink Nijihara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:22 am Reply with quote
VanGosroth wrote:
Who cares about tv stations.

As long sa their are dvd releases, it's all good.

Even if you say that, Kodomo No Jikan on DVD would only be available in Japan.

The chances of getting those DVD's here in the states aren't slim but they'll take a while to be available for ordering.

Ongaku_no_tenshi wrote:
As someone in another ANN thread once said (I honestly can't remember who it was), this has been one of the craziest years in anime. And as it would seem from this new development, it's only getting better as the year draws to a close. *Note the sarcasm in that last line*

Noted.

What's next? What else can make this situation even more ridiculous other than the axe murderer/Higurashi & School Principal/Nymphet?

At this rate, anything just to ruin anime and continue to anger fans.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:02 am Reply with quote
Ink Nijihara wrote:

Okay, you can disagree with the pulling of Nymphet and stuff or even get angry about it if you want. However, ruining Anime? Come on. How is this possibly doing that?

Also, you state that like its a certain group making a contious effort to do this. Which group would that be though?
Ariolander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:19 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Ink Nijihara wrote:

Okay, you can disagree with the pulling of Nymphet and stuff or even get angry about it if you want. However, ruining Anime? Come on. How is this possibly doing that?

It is twofold. Beyond simply limiting freedom of expression and censoring a single series this could provide precidence for a longer lasting more widespread "chilling effect" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilling_effect ) and THAT could have far and reaching consequences.

Because of this it is possible that many series won't even make it to the animation phase let alone the broadcasting one because companies are afraid that they can't turn a profit if networks reject their anime due to themes. Since KnJ was obviously axed due to its lolicon themes it is highly likely no one will animate anything else remotely close to it for a long time.

Extrapulating from that even further lets say that rational minds don't prevail and you might end up in a situation where the chilling effect and fear of offending anyone leads to a series like Negima getting similarly axed because of shotacon fears. I would have you know that Negi as mature as he acts is physically still only 9 years old and thus even though no sex is involved it is still an underaged relationship and has shotacon themes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quote
Ariolander wrote:
Since KnJ was obviously axed due to its lolicon themes it is highly likely no one will animate anything else remotely close to it for a long time.

god what a horrible fate
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:14 am Reply with quote
Ariolander wrote:
Beyond simply limiting freedom of expression and censoring a single series this could provide precidence for a longer lasting more widespread "chilling effect" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilling_effect ) and THAT could have far and reaching consequences.

The market had suffered but endured Tsutomu Miyazaki and the follow-up yūgai KOMIKKU sōdō. The damage this time is far milder, so it sure will recover.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
king_micah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

god what a horrible fate

Indeed.

Now if it was axe murders of the Lolicons we'd really be having some good news.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
king_micah wrote:
Zac wrote:

god what a horrible fate

Indeed.

How nice of you to make a joke about killing people. What a wonderful person you are. yea I know, it's sarcasm and a joke. It's also rude and tasteless.

I also doubt this will be the last show of it's kind. Does anyone honestly think there won't be more? I mean seriously here, like this was the first of it's kind to start with. This wasn't the first and won't be the last. If you want an example here's one closer to home. Look at the GTA series and all the flak it's gotten over the years, along with Rockstar as a whole. Yet coming soon is GTA 4 with all the violence and hooker beatings as before. Nymphet may be getting flak and the be the banner for the anti loli crowd right now but if anyone seriously thinks this is the last you'll see of shows like it you're delusional.

I too Richard fail to see the relation between the two. Does it really matter though anyway? The anti loli get a win here. Nymphet gets more bad press and might be done for. Another title will be along and the pro loli will have a new title and the same old debates will start again. I say give it 6 months at most and there will be a new hot loli topic abroad and the cycle will continue.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
king_micah wrote:
Zac wrote:

god what a horrible fate

Indeed.

How nice of you to make a joke about killing people. What a wonderful person you are. yea I know, it's sarcasm and a joke. It's also rude and tasteless.

Oh god, get over it dude. You're pro-loli? Whatever, but don't get all pissy everytime someone makes fun of lolicon though.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:

Oh god, get over it dude. You're pro-loli? Whatever, but don't get all pissy everytime someone makes fun of lolicon though.

There was a thread about people who read manga for free at bookstores before you had registered. The hatred accumulated, and finally an user suggested a way to physically assault them.

Making fun of people is one thing. Preaching criminal actions is another. Do not cross the line.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:27 am Reply with quote
he's clearly not "preaching" to people they should actually do that. Making a joke such as that is miles from seriously suggesting that we kill lolicons.

What ever though, if you guys feel the need to get all worked up over a joke, knock yourselves out. I wont argue this any further.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2