• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Online Store (sales & rentals) Reviews/Feedbacks

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burayan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Animeharu.com is a scam site. They will charge your card and probably not even ship anything. If you search "animeharu scam" on the web you'll see a collection of their criminal activity.
animewallscrollsDOTcom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Has anyone ever ordered anything from animeshop.net? They have some awesome wall scrolls I'd like, but I can't seem to find much info about them...

What wall scrolls are you looking for, maybe you can find what you want from us. http://anime-wall-scrolls.com

-Tony
animewallscrollsDOTcom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
victor viper wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
Well maybe this will be a better question: know any good sites to buy wallscrolls? Particularly older ones? In particular, I want them for: RahXephon, Outlaw Star, Hikaru no Go (or I should say another Hikaru no Go one, one can never have too

Have you tried Circle Red (www.circlered.com)? I've bought a few things from them over the years, and they do seem to have a pretty big selection of wallscrolls.

It's a shame that Rightstuf and RACS have basically stopped carrying wallscrolls, but I guess they're just so damn expensive to ship.

We have some older designs, maybe you can find what you need at our site. http://anime-wall-scrolls.com

-Tony
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Does anybody have any experience importing from HMV Japan? Specifically, I'm wondering about their "all volumes storage box" bonus - their help pages make me suspect they won't ship it internationally, but I'm not sure. I'd wait and see, but they haven't posted volume 4 of the series I'm interested in Blu-ray and if I'm right, I'll just go ahead and get that volume from CDJapan.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Does anybody have any experience importing from HMV Japan? Specifically, I'm wondering about their "all volumes storage box" bonus - their help pages make me suspect they won't ship it internationally, but I'm not sure. I'd wait and see, but they haven't posted volume 4 of the series I'm interested in Blu-ray and if I'm right, I'll just go ahead and get that volume from CDJapan.

HMV won't ship it internationally. Any bonus item from them has to be included with the item itself (like a bromide/poster) for them to ship it internationally. They ship boxes a couple months later, so the cost to just ship the box internationally would be too much for them to absorb compared to domestic shipping.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
That's what I thought, but it's nice to have confirmation(and explanation).
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm having a problem with AnimeNation right now; I made an order which included a pre-order for Space Adventure Cobra box 1, which was released on March 4th. I received everything else in the order but I've heard nothing for weeks. I emailed their customer service but haven't gotten a reply after four days. I've had some other issues with them before but their customer service is usually responsive at least.

Anyone have any insight on this?
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
If I recall correctly, AnimeNation is run by the same people who run RentAnime.....
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if otaku.com is a good site to buy off of?
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:39 am Reply with quote
I don't know if otaku.com is any good, but otaku.co.uk is great, and I think they're owned by the same people.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quote
While it's been many a year, I recall having ordered two Klonoa soundtracks off of there and had no problems whatsoever.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
So FUNimation is running a deal with their online shop. 20% off total if you buy 3 or more items and free shipping if you spend over $50 and free 3 months streaming. So for basically the first time ever, I decided to check out their shop.

And what a horrid shop it is. There is at least a 5-10 second lag every time I switch pages and even longer if I choose a new search parameter (like say, switching from items over $50 to instead show items $25-50). Also I experienced a major error on several occasions where the image for the product would be drastically deformed in the height so that it would take up the screen's full height and mess up the rest of the items on the page. Then I discovered what i can only assume to be an error where if I'm on page 4 of a page, and there are say, 16 pages, then the only options for page navigation were "Page 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 16". There was no page 5. Clicking the "..." brought nothing up. The only way I could get to page 5 was by actually changing the "page=4" to "page=5" in the URL itself. By far the worst experience was after I selected my 3 items and checked out, after entering my address and selecting the "Ground shipping (No P.O Box) option I got a message saying "User not authorized". I had to log out, log back in, select my address (as it saved it the first time), and then I could finally proceed with payment information.

In short, I'm baffled at how the web store for North America's most dominant license and distributor could be so bad. It's just atrocious. I doubt I'll ever try shopping there again unless it is drastically improved.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:44 am Reply with quote
Otaku.com is a very good website. Just bought an art book and they have great customer service.
Impish

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I've found some stores that haven't been mentioned here:

otakumode.com

redbubble.com

Has anyone bought anything from these stores?
ikari22

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
Hey All,

I've been out of the anime/anime-related shopping scene for some time now (hit a not so small financial bump..)

So my thing was buying figurines, statues and related paraphernalia (keychains, patches, etc.) and I used to this at Animenation.com (I'm outside the US so my only options are online retailers.)

I've gone back to Animenation recently and see they no longer carry any of these types of products. What's the go to place to buy this stuff now?

I've seen Amazon has a nice selection, but you need to perform thorough searching and what I'm looking for is more like a store having a section where I can just browse through. TRSI is out of the picture because they won't allow me to ship to my freight forwarder's address in the US.

Thanks for your comments!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 26 of 29