• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boys-Love Manga Artist Asami Tojo Passes Away

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quote
Wow - this is sooo sad! Another bright light in the arts of storytelling has passed on... I will sorely miss her... And she had been feeling better lately too from her illness...
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quote
A little slow on the update ANN Laughing

The yaoi communities on Livejournal have known since WEdnesday.... there is much speculation that it may have been suicide, based on info gleaned off various Japanese sources but no actual confirmation that it was.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Toshirodragon wrote:
A little slow on the update ANN Laughing

The yaoi communities on Livejournal have known since WEdnesday.... there is much speculation that it may have been suicide, based on info gleaned off various Japanese sources but no actual confirmation that it was.

ANN was waiting for official confirmation of the date and cause of her death. When a few days passed without either (so far, the email newsletter has been the only reported official source), we decided to go ahead with only the reported official information.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quote
This site did have something up if you looked at the author's page. They had a date of death posted by late Thursday or very early Friday.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:05 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
This site did have something up if you looked at the author's page. They had a date of death posted by late Thursday or very early Friday.

We've just had to edit that. Her passing away was reported on October 31, but June-net.com's email newsletter (the original source for all the Japanese and English reports) did not say her date of death was October 31.
trandraskell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quote
This is some sad new I did enjoy Sci_fi Harry interesting story. It was nice to see a anime with American Characters. May God bless her family and keep them safe.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I personally find oppose all forms of homosexuality (I'll leave it at my religious reasons) but hope her friends and family can be comforted.
ichido reichan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:04 am Reply with quote
[Edit: Those kinds of comments are completely unacceptable, it's not only insulting, but is trolling and on top of all that a pointless one-liner that adds nothing to the debate. It's not funny, so leave the jokes at the door if that's the level of your humor. - Keonyn]
ArielTsuki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:56 am Reply with quote
ichido reichan wrote:
[Edit: Comment removed. - Keonyn]

That was not funny. Someone just died, at least have the audacity to refrain any tasteless jokes whether or not what subject matter she has written is someone you agreed with.

That said, RIP Tohjoh-sensei. She was truly gifted, it's sad she had to leave so soon. Condolences to her loved ones.
Illusionary_Systems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:14 am Reply with quote
It's a sad day when an artist of any kind passes away. Sad
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
I personally find oppose all forms of homosexuality (I'll leave it at my religious reasons) but hope her friends and family can be comforted.

From what I can tell, that Chimera title(looking at this sites synops) isn't BL, nor does Sci_fi Harry seem to be so there's no reason to talk about homosexuality vs BL which is really just thinly-veiled shojo.

ichido reichan-
Quote:
[Edit: Comment removed. - Keonyn]

I firmly believe what goes around comes around & all the evil we do in this life comes back to us. You'll get your karma back. As someone who found a loved one dead, I've been thru this. It's not easy for anyone. At least after a long illness, family & friends can discount it as the deceased being better off, but when it's sudden like this, it creates a void in the deceased person's close ones's lives. One wonders if one could have done something. One wonders about things one did when one last saw that person. Holidays are hard because the whole world is celebrating when you're sad & every year there's the reminder.

But doesn't this also play to Answerman's column this last week? That the anonymity of the internet allows for people to type things they would never say in public?
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm really saddened by this news and I hope she rest in peace.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1