• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2007-10-24

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quote
Well, it will definitely make a story if the ANN comic gets a C&D notice...
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quote
Very cool! I was hosed for a loop though - I read too much manga, so I started reading it the wrong way...
Seishi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:33 am Reply with quote
Anime News Nina...ANN...what a great idea. The character design is addicting, keep up the good work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Meson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:35 am Reply with quote
Anime News Nina is no Cookie San no Newsroom Smile, but I like it. Keep up the good work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
panties

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote
I didn't really want to be the first dissenter since everyone else here is showering this thing with praise, but in all honestly, this webcomic is awful. It's not funny, it's poorly drawn, and it makes me feel kind of embarrassed that I'm a member of ANN's forum community. What is ANN now, Gaia Online with news, reviews, an anime encyclopedia, and more old people?
Polly E.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:46 am Reply with quote
Another vote for "It's pretty bad." I'm no artist so I won't critique that aspect, but the writing is abysmal and is trying way too hard.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:51 am Reply with quote
If you want my honest opinion on this, while I do like the idea of ANN having its own webcomic, I didn't particularly like the comic. I don't think it was horrible (oh, I have seen MUCH worse webcomics), but it's not the high quality I was hoping for from one of the most popular and highly respected anime websites on the internet. I don't mind the artwork (could use improvement still), but the writing was just bad imo.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:52 am Reply with quote
panties wrote:
I didn't really want to be the first dissenter since everyone else here is showering this thing with praise, but in all honestly, this webcomic is awful. It's not funny, it's poorly drawn, and it makes me feel kind of embarrassed that I'm a member of ANN's forum community. What is ANN now, Gaia Online with news, reviews, an anime encyclopedia, and more old people?

Dunno but you only ever come here now to be negative, criticize the site, our editorial, our news, and mostly anything I say (while being condescending about it), so I'm wondering why you think we should bother listening to you, Wolverine Princess?
Goodpenguin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It's not funny, it's poorly drawn, and it makes me feel kind of embarrassed that I'm a member of ANN's forum community. What is ANN now, Gaia Online with news, reviews, an anime encyclopedia, and more old people?

Quote:
Another vote for "It's pretty bad." I'm no artist so I won't critique that aspect, but the writing is abysmal and is trying way too hard

"Welcome to the Internet, pissing on your best intentions since 1991!"

Cute character, and very funny bit with the raccoon/dragon kid. Good luck with the project.
Steel Angel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quote
Alright, I'll admit it, it made me chuckle.

Very Happy
panties

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Dunno but you only ever come here now to be negative, criticize the site, our editorial, our news, and mostly anything I say (while being condescending about it), so I'm wondering why you think we should bother listening to you, Wolverine Princess?

I doubt I could come up with a better answer to that question than you can. The only reason I'm here is because PantsGoblin asked me to come back after I left because of the Kodomo no Jikan drama; not out of my own free will. Ban me if you wish, I don't even care at this point.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quote
panties wrote:
I doubt I could come up with a better answer to that question than you can. The only reason I'm here is because PantsGoblin asked me to come back after I left because of the Kodomo no Jikan drama; not out of my own free will. Ban me if you wish, I don't even care at this point.

Okay doesn''t make sense here, what do you mean: not out of your own free will? Does that mean you were coerced into coming back onto the website? I'm sure also there's some other good things for you to do here besides hanging out in the Talkback section.
My opinion of the webcomic is I have no way to say whether it is in the good or the bad only. I think that it's for ANN to launch their own comic, and it is based on typical Japanese four panel manga. The downslide to it is that it doesn't give that reach out feeling to the reader, so I'm hoping that the next installments will see some improvements to appeal to me, and possibly others who hold the same reasoning as I do.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:06 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Okay doesn''t make sense here, what do you mean: not out of your own free will? Does that mean you were coerced into coming back onto the website? I'm sure also there's some other good things for you to do here besides hanging out in the Talkback section.

Just leave it at that for now. She's a bit upset at the moment and may not be coming back for a while. If you want to ask her about something PM me, don't PM her.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quote
Heh heh. Well, it's something different, I can always go for that.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quote
Webcomics... in my Anime News Network?

It's more likely than you think.

Nice. Also, maybe a bit too familiar. I've had friends who have done custom characters. I also have a friend who runs an anime prop company. I believe he's made a the sword from Berserk once too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6