• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Computer-Generated Idol Miku Hatsune Gets Own Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Gabe.

As for Miku...wow...

I mean it does have that "Wow, this is neat" factor, but aside from that...I'm speechless. I'm wondering how this works, really? How much is the sampling from the singer they mentioned, how much is...manufactured?

I'm heart-broken over the fact that a computer-generated voice sings better than me though. And seeing the way they draw her and have her standing against a photo-realistic background in the Air video makes me think she belongs in a visual novel before a manga.
LiuXuande

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I so freaked the f**k out O_O

Oh god, Chobits here we come.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quote
tasogarenootome wrote:
Thanks for the info Gabe.

As for Miku...wow...

I mean it does have that "Wow, this is neat" factor, but aside from that...I'm speechless. I'm wondering how this works, really? How much is the sampling from the singer they mentioned, how much is...manufactured?

I'm heart-broken over the fact that a computer-generated voice sings better than me though. And seeing the way they draw her and have her standing against a photo-realistic background in the Air video makes me think she belongs in a visual novel before a manga.

Happy i could help

Also makes me wonder how the EFF will deal with tech like a virtual person................ So anyone ready for the Virtual human rights movment Wink

-Gabe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quote
It's funny because I'd been noticing this girl everywhere for a while and unknowingly said to somebody not even an hour ago "This girl is so popular right now it's no longer about if she'll get her own Manga/Anime, it's about when". One of these predictions has been fulfilled, only a matter of time before the other. With Vocaloids overnight explosion over the internet that has caught me as off guard as Haruhi's, I think things will move fast. I'd say a month or two before the first anime announcement.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:20 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
The operative phrase above is "in real life." In the fictional story, Sharon Apple becomes sentient and provides her own voice. In real life, a variety of human singers, including Mai Yamane and Akino Arai, provided her voice. The same is true for Eve of Megazone 23, whose voice was provided in real life by Kumi Miyasato and Saki Takaoka.

My apologies. I assumed you were talking about within the anime since it seemed pretty obvious to me that a real person would provide their voice (song or not) just like any other character in Anime. Guess I should have read more carefully.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
I assumed you were talking about within the anime since it seemed pretty obvious to me that a real person would provide their voice (song or not) just like any other character in Anime.

Well, it's a brave new world. Wink Between this development and that other piece of news, we can't automatically take human voice actors for granted anymore.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:59 am Reply with quote
Only in Japan can this craziness happen. Only difference they're having fun. We just have a crazy old president. Ahem.

I always wondered about this character. I'd see fan art all over the place. The first time I was introduced to the character was on Youtube. Someone posted a clip of her singing 'Nintendo' famicon tunes. Hell, they're computer based and so isn't she. So she's a master at the vocalization. Weird. There's an album you can buy. So I after awhile I kept seeing the character and wondering "So is there an anime for this character or something?"

Hey if she's getting her own manga then an anime may not be far behind.
TAKAVAR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quote
The air song gets seriously annoying after sometime I listen to it. comparing it to the "still alive" from the ending of portal which I listened to for a full day, i would say its not the computer-sounding voice that annoys me. maybe its because its all the same sounds only on different pitch or something...

some one just listen to the air song over and over again and tell me if you feel weird in any way...
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qJmngrVgVU

My fave Hatsune Miku vid Very Happy She sings Gradius 2 for MSX!
toomanywebcomics-san

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
this is me personal favorite http://youtube.com/watch?v=32vGXczhLgE

I wonder if there is any more i formation on a release date for the manga i really want to buy it...
SeinenAi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad the manga is by her original designer, that's what drew me to her (her character design)...I've already pre-ordered the Nendroid of her that's coming out in a few months. I'm quite looking forward to this manga Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2