• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Liar Game Manga Gets 2nd Live-Action Film Next March

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:28 am Reply with quote
Well yay for the Live Action movie I guess, the series gets some more attention that it greatly deserves. I'm glad it's popular enough for a sequel, even if I'm never going to watch it.

AND HELL YES to the manga picking back up in November, I found this series last year, and I'm completely in love with it, and will eagerly be following the new chapters. I would love for this series to be brought over, and I don't know why it hasn't already.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:25 am Reply with quote
God damnit, they should make an Anime of this instead! I'm sick of all these LA adaptions. They are sooooo bad.

I also wish someone would license the manga. I love it and would buy it in a heart beat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:02 am Reply with quote
I have no idea where the series can go, apart from another unrelated Liar Game. The movie really ended things quite well. This seems quite unnecessary.

Personally, I love the Live Action. It's wonderfully cheesy and I love the "Glow Bowling" neon set design. Although you could skip around half an the episode due to reaction shots and high tension pauses.
H0shi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:02 am Reply with quote
I have read the manga, but I haven't encountered a character named Yu.

Will this be an original plot? If it does then it sucks Evil or Very Mad
Whether it's a prequel or sequel, as long as they changed who the main characters are, then it's a thumbs down

Good thing they don't change Akiyama's actor. Love his portrayal Very Happy

Also, wo don't they include Nao in the story? She's also the main protagonist BTW.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
The only thing I like about the new film is that Matsuda Shota is playing Akiyama again. I love Tabe Mikako, but I only prefer Toda Erika as the heroine. Now if Nao made a cameo...Then I would be happy. x3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1