• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Gunslinger Girl Airs in Spring with Pinocchio Arc

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote
Well, the Pinocchio arc should make a lot of people VERY happy!
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quote
So far away. I'm looking at two years until I can own this.

I don't know what the Pinocchio Arc is..but it sounds intresting
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Calculusman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quote
Well, I've only gotten through 2 volumes of the manga, so I'm not totally sure what this story arc is about, but it sounds interesting.

So, presumably Haruhi 2 in the spring (assuming Clannad is a full season and Haruhi starts right after it ends), and now Gunslinger Girl 2 (or I guess they're just calling it the 2nd season of Gunslinger Girl). I'm going to be drooling all through 2008 lol.

And we have Clannad and Shana II this fall. This is nice change of pace from this past spring and summer which has seemed to be rather lacking to me for the most part.
Aoi Yuki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:19 am Reply with quote
well i just started reading the manga for this and have watched first season so im really happy about this, one of my favorite anime
purple_monkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote
About time it's official after all the buzz for the whole year. It's nice that Pinocchio is showing up too. Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of Triela this time around.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:37 am Reply with quote
I'm really glad they're sticking close to the manga storyline, anything else could have really sucked.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
So far away. I'm looking at two years until I can own this.

Well just about every company this year cited the need for state-side release to be as quick as possible after the Japanese version airs. Lets hope they put there money where there mouth is and start doing that sooner rather than later.

One of them even said they would like to see one month gaps. I don't think that would happen, but if that does work out, it is possible to have this on your shelves in less than a year.

Either way, I hope it doesn't take a full 730 days to see the light of day in this neck of the woods.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calculusman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Either way, I hope it doesn't take a full 730 days to see the light of day in this neck of the woods.

You mean 731. 2008 is a leap year. Cool
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote
The sooner Funimation gets it and releases it here in the US, the better. However, lets not sacrifice quality for speed. The most important thing is that Gunslinger Girl season 2 is just as awesome as the first!

I am thrilled that they are going to stick with the manga. Pinocchio is a very interesting character. He reminds me of Rico a little bit, which is disturbing. (Also, hope that Triela will get all of her scenes. She's awesome in this arc, as are all the girls, but she really gets to shine. Caitlin Glass deserves to get to do those scenes and so does Eri Sendai!)

I will say this though. If they use the same writing team as the first season, even if they were to just make stuff up, they'd still have a heck of a good series. The episode in the first season with Elsa's mission wasn't from the manga, but it was amazing.
Superflyz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:

I am thrilled that they are going to stick with the manga. Pinocchio is a very interesting character. He reminds me of Rico a little bit, which is disturbing. (Also, hope that Triela will get all of her scenes. She's awesome in this arc, as are all the girls, but she really gets to shine. Caitlin Glass deserves to get to do those scenes and so does Eri Sendai!)

I will say this though. If they use the same writing team as the first season, even if they were to just make stuff up, they'd still have a heck of a good series. The episode in the first season with Elsa's mission wasn't from the manga, but it was amazing.

This is the news I have been waiting for (just look in the other topic, lol)!!!

Not only is Pinocchio going to be animated and have a voice, but Franco and Franca are going to have more screen time spoiler[(I love stories with "criminals with a heart of gold".)]
Sticks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I know that the story arc of Pinocchio goes on well into volume 5, but im not sure about volume 6 (volume 8 came out this past March in Japan). So if they keep to the idea that if they work off the manga from volume 2 1/2 all the way to volume 5 or even 6, then we're looking at at least 15 or 20 episodes being produced (that is if they work on a few non-Pinocchio storylines like the manga). Maybe more if they go all the way to volume 8, but i'm not counting on it.

Anyway, it's just my guess, I could be wrong. But I hope they produce that many if not 24 episodes. To just produce 13 episodes like last time would be a little disappointing with sooo many volumes already made.

I still want to know about Angelica. I'm hoping she's still alive in the show like in the manga.

And as for Triela, will they show how she came to the agency?? It's a very disturbing storyline, but really important to her character.

We'll see when the fansubs come out (if they make any that is......).

can't wait.... Wink
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Calculusman wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

You mean 731. 2008 is a leap year. Cool
Darn it, that just puts it way over the line. Thats just as bad a waiting three years! Anime hyper

Richard J. wrote:
The sooner Funimation gets it and releases it here in the US, the better. However, lets not sacrifice quality for speed.

Of course. Anyone who has read my thoughts on some certain discs know I think quality comes first. However, it is assumed that when these companies start spouting that they want to do uber-quick releases, that they will at least be doing it at the same level of quality. I know that things don't always work out that way, but if they say they can do it, then they should. I don't think anyone wants for them to haphazardly slap this on a disc and throw it at us. But if they say they are gearing up and preparing for quick release, it would be nice if they did it. And hopefully they understand that that doesn't mean we want crap jobs in the place of time issues. Although Odex seems to be getting used more and more (_*_).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quote
No complaints from me, since Triela is my favourite character by far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Calculusman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Sticks wrote:
We'll see when the fansubs come out (if they make any that is......).

Oh, I'm sure they'll make them, unless it gets licensed right off the bat.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Calculusman wrote:
Oh, I'm sure they'll make them, unless it gets licensed right off the bat.
And even then, they'll make them. Evil or Very Mad

If they're going to do the whole Pinocchio arc, I hope they go for 20+ episodes. It would a crime to sacrifice the great stuff in the non-Pinocchio chapters. (Like Rico's trip the opera. That's something to see.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5