• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vertical to Publish Osamu Tezuka's Black Jack Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
jgreen wrote:
This is GREAT news. I always enjoyed Black Jack back when it was in Manga Vizion, so it'll be great to read more of it.

Old man.

*sigh* I guess this is the part where I'm supposed to be embarrassed that I had a letter printed in like 10 or so issues of Manga Vizion? Embarassed

HellKorn wrote:
Quote:
I wonder which is cheaper: buying a copy of the GN, or the original comics that comprised it? (That'd be the 4-issue They Were 11 miniseries, the Promise 1-shot, and a random issue of Animerica that featured The Changeling, all of which I do already own Smile ).

If you can even FIND copies of those four pamphlets separately. (Not that I've checked, but I'm skeptical.)

Yeah, I didn't have much trouble doing so, but I also bought them all about 10 years ago.

I see that the lone Black Jack GN they have listed on Amazon is selling used for $142. No wonder they need to bring that series back into print...

Ryotsui wrote:
I gotta pick me up Vertical's other Tezuka releases sometime.

Any idea when this is hitting shelves?

The Publishers Weekly article says "beginning in fall 2008" so we have a while to wait.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danobou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I want to read it so bad! Now if only I could find the OVA's....
mrwuggs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:58 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know what is going on with the third volume? Amazon says it is released but all the comic shops I have talked to say it has been delayed. If someone can shed some light on the actual release date, I would be most appreciative. I don't want to miss the limited hard cover!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3