• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Grab Box

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nishime

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quote
I was personally baffled mildly by these entries. Maybe it's crystal clear to everyone else and I need sleep, but...

Quote:
1 Complete Series D

1 Series D box containing the complete series

it just sounds so much like you'd end up with 2 complete sets of series D, only one in separate cases and one as a thinpack or encased in an artbox.

Anyway, is shipping to Hawaii that much more expensive than shipping to Canada? I thought USPS would be cheaper within the US than mailing to foreign parts.
Nermal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quote
oh my word...I must prepare a special victory dance in case I win.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:41 am Reply with quote
Not sure if I'd want to win, since Karma says I could never win anything else in my life. Still, I hope I do.

A bunch of the latter lettered DVDs are later volumes in the series, so I guess this Grab-Box is intended to lure us to buy the earlier volumes too, so the latter volumes we won won't be entirely confusing. Tricky tricky.

Still, best of luck, I hope everyone wins!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
undeadben

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
I'm entering too. It's a Funi grab "box" so it's likely I already have at least some of the DVDs in it and I probably already decided not to buy the others, but meh, it doesn't cost anything to play. I'll probably not win anyway.

After all some here want to be bad sports and try to submit multiple entries, others are relying on luck and crossing fingers and other crossable body parts. Somebody's even counting on Birthday luck. The guy up there in the previous post is already blaming Karma and the announcements wont even be made until next week. And Nermal's already practicing a victory dance, taking a page out of Ocho Cinco's playbook, or maybe it's Deion Sanders, or it could even be Balki Bartokomous (although there are probably not a lot who remember who he is. Well, of course not, don't be ridi-cool-us!).

I don't remember where the hell I was going with that. I know I had a punchline originally but I forgot it already so I'll just stop. I think it had something to do with voo doo.. Ah nevermind.

I'd like to say I wish everyone luck, but I wouldn't want you all to have more luck than me so .
AegisX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I figure I'll give it a shot. I don't really own any Funi DVD's anyway.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I can imagine some friends of mine who would be really happy if they won.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Damn... Shocked $1000 worth of anime. Very Happy I'll win.
toomanywebcomics-san

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I want it so bad but i never win these things Sad

Are there multiple if so how many?
dorseyhorsey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote
It says there's 5.

Every time ANN has a contest, I am reminded of how much I hate living in AK. Sad
geldaris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quote
I hope I win...but if I win then I bet it'll be the end of the world since I have the worst luck in the world lol...I wanna win so bad...
shanni

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:16 am Reply with quote
slim chance of winning...but ya never know Anime hyper
HyperGatack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:25 am Reply with quote
*Obligatory comment on how I never got the Tales of the Abyss game I won*

That aside, I hope I win. My anime DVD collection is rather small.
Haipaa_Koneko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it'd be a nice win. I'm more hoping maybe a young teenager will win it really. I remember when I was collecting anime in highschool. I saved all the leftover change from my lunch just so I could get the next Fushigi Yugi VHS to come out at the time Anime hyper...I would have killed to win a contest like this back then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Haipaa_Koneko wrote:
Yeah it'd be a nice win. I'm more hoping maybe a young teenager will win it really. I remember when I was collecting anime in highschool. I saved all the leftover change from my lunch just so I could get the next Fushigi Yugi VHS to come out at the time Anime hyper...I would have killed to win a contest like this back then.

I agree with the above poster ^

Wouldn't hurt if I won, though. I'd probably end up with some doubles, but I have friends who would be more than happy to take them off of me.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Not sure if I'd want to win, since Karma says I could never win anything else in my life. Still, I hope I do.

A bunch of the latter lettered DVDs are later volumes in the series, so I guess this Grab-Box is intended to lure us to buy the earlier volumes too, so the latter volumes we won won't be entirely confusing. Tricky tricky.

Still, best of luck, I hope everyone wins!

I bet you're right. Companies tend to to that whenever they happen to just give stuff away. Anyway, I hope people are only entering once, I'm fighting off the temptation to enter multiple times, so it's only fair.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8