• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Grab Box

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyperGatack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote
maichips wrote:
HyperGatack wrote:

on domestic shipping as well...
*Still fairly bitter about Tales of the Abyss.*
Bandai Namco never even heard of the contest... ;-;

What do you mean by that bolded statement?

There was a contest last year where ANN was giving away 5 copies of Tales of the Abyss. I got an e-mail saying I won(Only time I ever won ANYTHING. This site crushes dreams), and responded in time, but after that, nothing else came up. No one was even listed as a winner on the site. So someone said to contact Bandai Namco, or ANN. I got no response from ANN, and Bandai Namco said they never heard of the contest. Thus, ensuring my bitterness and annoyance for years to come...
riku_san

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
its the first time I ever entered a contest!!! *crossing fingers*

good luck to everyone else too!
maichips

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quote
HyperGatack wrote:
maichips wrote:
HyperGatack wrote:

on domestic shipping as well...
*Still fairly bitter about Tales of the Abyss.*
Bandai Namco never even heard of the contest... ;-;

What do you mean by that bolded statement?

There was a contest last year where ANN was giving away 5 copies of Tales of the Abyss. I got an e-mail saying I won(Only time I ever won ANYTHING. This site crushes dreams), and responded in time, but after that, nothing else came up. No one was even listed as a winner on the site. So someone said to contact Bandai Namco, or ANN. I got no response from ANN, and Bandai Namco said they never heard of the contest. Thus, ensuring my bitterness and annoyance for years to come...

Wow, that's disheartening... It kinda makes me wonder how often something like that happens...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quote
HyperGatack wrote:

When you got no response back did you email ANN or did you try talking to an individual within the administration?
HyperGatack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
HyperGatack wrote:

When you got no response back did you email ANN or did you try talking to an individual within the administration?

I E-mailed the editor. I also mentioned it a few times on the forums (Read: Acted like a 4 year old. I'll admit it.)
mleeneg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Keeping my fingers crossed. Wishing everyone luck.
Illusionary_Systems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I've entered (much earlier than this post mind you ;p). Don't even live in the area but hey! No point in not trying! Cool

Good luck!
oriana3k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I use my Delicious Cake of Luck +2! *birthdaykarmabirthdaykarmabirthdaykarma*

Anxiously awaiting news of the lucky five.
Undine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I am definately anxiously awaiting the news of the lucky five. *hope I am one of them*
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:51 pm Reply with quote
HyperGatack wrote:

Unfortunately we don't deal directly with all these companies, we deal with advertising agencies who deal with PR agencies, who deal with Namco.

And sometimes, although we send them the bloody list, I find out months later form someone such as yourself, that they didn't receive the contest. Most of the time, it's that one winner didn't get the contest, so I forward the information to the advertising agency, and from there it's out of my hands Sad

Fortunately, with Anime companies, we deal directly with the sponsor, so we tend to get much, much better results with them. I have an old contest to clear up with one anime company, but for the most part, we've had very few problems with anime companies & prizes.

-t
HyperGatack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
HyperGatack wrote:

Unfortunately we don't deal directly with all these companies, we deal with advertising agencies who deal with PR agencies, who deal with Namco.

And sometimes, although we send them the bloody list, I find out months later form someone such as yourself, that they didn't receive the contest. Most of the time, it's that one winner didn't get the contest, so I forward the information to the advertising agency, and from there it's out of my hands Sad

Fortunately, with Anime companies, we deal directly with the sponsor, so we tend to get much, much better results with them. I have an old contest to clear up with one anime company, but for the most part, we've had very few problems with anime companies & prizes.

-t

So essentially "<TOS> happens"
I take it I'm not getting the game then?
eternaltorture

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quote
>__<when>_<

-prays in her little corner-
Undine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Have Winners been notified yet? Just curious, and kinda going crazy.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quote
o_o;

xD ah, the winner will be announced. Awesome. <3
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm nervous. It'd be the best early xmas present ever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8