• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gonzo, Nitroplus, Gantz Director Working on New Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crilix

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Nitro+ is much more than just a design studio. They are one of the rare eroge companies being able to hold large otaku-type events; some of their works even have animated versions (Demonbane being one of them), mostly ero though.

Give 'em some credit, will you... Rolling Eyes The fact that the otaku scene in Japan is buzzing about this title isn't due to GONZO, but Nitro+.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quote
crilix wrote:
Nitro+ is much more than just a design studio. They are one of the rare eroge companies being able to hold large otaku-type events; some of their works even have animated versions (Demonbane being one of them), mostly ero though.

Give 'em some credit, will you... Rolling Eyes The fact that the otaku scene in Japan is buzzing about this title isn't due to GONZO, but Nitro+.

The reason Nitroplus is listed as a design studio is not to diminish its work, but to emphasize that Nitroplus creates not only games, but also animation, manga, and novels (dead tree variety).

Moon Phase and Nitroplus itself lists Gonzo first.

Last edited by Egan Loo on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
As usual Gonzo will put out something that will blow everyone away...

Maybe I will finally draw the line with supporting Gonzo until they change their general attitude toward outside of Japan viewers of their works and not watch this new one, so I dont become hooked on something that I will never be able to own the complete Region 1 DVD on because it will never get released or only partially released.
nooneofconsequence

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Definitely has potential, but the last couple major Nitro+ anime projects, Demonbane and Phantom, were mediocre at best. Gonzo's love it or hate it reputation just adds more question marks as to whether something can be pulled off well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1