• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Bandai Entertainment Inc. to Release Kadokawa's Anime Series, Lucky Star

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aluria

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quote
While Haruhi's music wasn't extremely unique, it was still good music. The mass fandom just helped. Lucky Star was weird music that was part of the reason I got turned off from Lucky Star. None of the characters appealed to me. I really don't see what's so good about this show...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Descent123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Very good, can't wait for the US release (so I can see how's the English dub).

I already saw the fansub and I actually enjoy it. Unlike most people here I didn't find the first four episodes to be annoying at all. The first episode with the Street Fighter part made me laugh pretty hard (I love Street Fighter).
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:31 pm Reply with quote
The Press Release wrote:
The announcement was made in a unique way – a surprise trailer at the beginning of Vol. 4 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which was just released.
I wouldn't call that "unique" -- wasn't Ai yori aoshi ~Enishi~ announced via a trailer on the last disc of the first season?
Hagaren_Otaku726

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:
HyperGatack wrote:
DO. NOT. WANT.

This show is just bad. They spend ten minutes talking about how they eat their snacks in the first episode. The music that plays sounds like its supposed to be the most hilarious you've ever heard.
Watch past the first 4 episodes. It quickly becomes a huge otaku fanservice with references to all kinds of stuff. (There's even a debate about Gundam, for god's sake.)

And who can say no to Minoru Shiraishi, AKA Taniguchi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

Minoru Shiraishi + Motteke! Sailor Fuku OR Mikuru no Koi Densetsu = <3>_>;;
Shiraishi-san

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote
Well, I am a pretty big fan of Lucky Star having watched the fansubs several times. While I knew this was coming, I can't really say I'm happy about it. I mean, I loved every minute of the series, but I just don't see how English dub actors will be able to replicate this one. Now, I'm going to walk on thin ice here and say that I really hated the English dub of Haruhi, so seeing this show being released in English really brings back bad memories. I wish Bandai good luck and plead that they don't mess this one up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5