• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: USA Today Booklist, May 21–27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Y'all can't stop Naruto....Way to go Naruto you have more staying power then I imagine. I applaud, this and I hope your new RPG game is good.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, of course Fruits Basket hasn't been on the list for 3 months...it's been 3 months since the last volume was released!

Duh! Rolling Eyes

But, I'm glad that it entered the list at #67! It will be interesting to see where Vol. 19 enters in at because this series is getting better and better with every volume!
Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised Fruits Basket ranked so high - we knew from the "next volume" section of volume 17 that it would probably end the Haru/Rin storyline - which it did, and very well in my opinion. Alot of fans probably wanted to pick that up pretty quickly.

Five more volumes is just about right for what's left to wrap up: spoiler[Yuki presumably starting a relationship with Machi and ending his rivalry with Kyo, resolving the Shigure/Akito/Kureno mess, finding out whether things are going to end well - or not - for Momiji, the answer to the question of whether the curse will be broken, and the revealation of Kyo's fate and whether or not he'll end up with Tohru. ]

We're really invested in the storylines that are left, so I imagine the sales ranking will only get higher for the remaining five volumes.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Well, of course Fruits Basket hasn't been on the list for 3 months...it's been 3 months since the last volume was released!

This is interesting mostly because we can compare how Tokyopop is going about it with the apparent success Viz is having with speeding up the Naruto release. Fruits Basket is probably by *far* their best-selling title, so I guess TP is trying to drag that particular revenue stream out, rather than getting as much of their money as fast as they can...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
suna_suna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quote
yeah, and it pisses me off. 19 doesn't come out untill March. Why?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
suna_suna wrote:
yeah, and it pisses me off. 19 doesn't come out untill March. Why?

They're out to get us.
Folie Eternelle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Nye~ Nice. I can't wait to read them all myself. It's kind of sad it's nearing the end. Ah well. Que sera sera as Shigure would say.

Come-on Naruto-san. Crawl up the line. =3
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:26 am Reply with quote
I think Lydia what they meant by a three month hiatus from the booklist was that the last volume fell off as soon as it got on. The last release wasn't that big of a success compared to number sixteen, because we all know that the storyline contained within volume 16 is one of if not the most beautiful storylines in the series.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:37 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I think Lydia what they meant by a three month hiatus from the booklist was that the last volume fell off as soon as it got on. The last release wasn't that big of a success compared to number sixteen, because we all know that the storyline contained within volume 16 is one of if not the most beautiful storylines in the series.

Ah! Okay, but still things are going to fall off the list after 3 months - especially a niche item like manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1