• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Knight Shōjo Manga to be Animated for TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChikaraFire_7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:51 am Reply with quote
YES!!! Anime smallmouth
It's interesting cause I was discussing with a friend how the different palets, and animation would be for series like VK compared to Merupuri
When this comes over I'm so buying it
Very Happy
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quote
I am very excited to hear this, Vampire Knight isn't my favourite SB title, but it's up there. I shall definitely be checking this out when it comes out.

I also am still holding out hope for Alice 19th, though it is dying since it's been awhile since that came out and still nothing (though I'd be shocked if Genbu Kaiden doesn't get an anime when it is done, lol let's milk the FY franchise for all it's worth!)
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote
I figure of Watase's current series, Genbu Kaiden's the most likely to be animated since it's still running in Japan, and tied into her most popular series. Though Alice 19th would be interesting.....

I like Vampire Knight, and so long as they manage to create an interesting visual style, it should make for a nice anime. Given how high the sales of the manga are, I'm curious if we'll see VIZ aim for a quick turnaround and make this the next SB anime after Honey and Clover and Nana [I guess it all depends on how well those do, and how well Ouran Host Club does for Funi].
Shougo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I'm enjoying the manga in Shojo Beat so I can't complain about this. So instead I'll complain about the lack of a Skip Beat anime. *complains*

skip beat is pretty popular. when a new volume comes out it's always at the top of the oricon charts. it's kinda surprising that still none has been made.
eternaltorture

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quote
ahaha, i didn't really like the manga Anime hyper but i like the characters.

i'm anxious to see how the anime version's gonna look like (Anime exclamation)
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote
One word : Yaaayyyyy! Very Happy
Hotaruzuki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quote
REALLY!? Kya! This is awesome!!
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Terrestrial_Cel wrote:
Vampire Knight is really popular after all. It's not my favorite manga but I understand why others find it appealing.

Actually, I was expecting Gentlemen's Alliance Cross to be animated before this thing.

My words almost exactly. Except I would think Palette of 12 Secret Colors instead. It is in Hana to yume. Along with the authors other title, Two Flowers of the Dragon
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Woot! I just finished 3 the other day. This is great news. I hope it can somehow get on tv here. That would be even better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ravager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy about this, although I'm worried that the series will overtake the manga and it'll end up with poor fillers.
Hotaruzuki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Terrestrial_Cel wrote:
Vampire Knight is really popular after all. It's not my favorite manga but I understand why others find it appealing.

Actually, I was expecting Gentlemen's Alliance Cross to be animated before this thing.

I doubt Gentlemen's Alliance will ever be animated nor do i really want them to. It would be way too hard to accuratly portray Arina's style in the anime and in the last two animes made after her work a lot of the real story was lost. I dont want to see that happen with this one. Arina's dream is to create manga that CANT be made into an anime so its a good thing they haven't made an anime. (i want sensei's dreams to come true~! ^^)

she said she'd like to see it as a drama though (and with that i fully agree). It would be fun. ^^

.....Of course, if by some chance it did happen I would probally watch it anyways....*runs off before she can be called a hypocrite*

(i'll admit it! I liked the anime versions of Jeanne and Fullmoon! BUT! its only because i saw them as seperate stories from the original.....thats my excuse. ^^)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2