• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funniest Anime Scenes

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quote
To give credit where credit is due, this was psycho101's idea but with his permission, I'm running with it.

Okay, we have threads that are about the Most Disturbing scenes animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23921 and the Scenes that make you Cry animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16746 but how about the scenes that you find to be the one that tickles your funny bone. The scene that makes you laugh even when you haven't seen that series in 6 months or more.

Well here is the place you can let everyone know what made you laugh your butt off!

The scene that comes to my mind right away is from Azumanga Daioh at the school festival. Chiyo-chan is in a sort of scavenger hunt and she opens up a piece of paper that reads spoiler[idiot], she stares at it for a moment, then runs over to the sidelines and grabs spoiler[Tomo].

When I saw that, I just howled with laughter! Thank goodness I was home alone at the time or else I would have been shouted at to keep the racket down. I laughed so hard, I had to stop the DVD and wipe my eyes and blow my nose. The thought of that scene still makes me grin like a loon even now.

Edit: I can't spell.

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Well while not an anime "scene" in itself I laugh every time I watch the Hare'+Guu OS. Between the music and watching Hare, Guu, and Weda dance it makes me laugh and smile every time. Can't forget when Belle spins around with blood gushing out her nose. Watch out, white boy dancing! ::dance dance::

(re)edit--- typo fixed that I noticed so original edit is now fixed. Huuuzzzaaahhh

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne I agree that was a funny scene. Another funny scene from Azumanga Daioh is is when spoiler[ Chiyo chan wanted to swim across the pool without a board and Tomo just plows over her.] It was kinda mean sad and hysterical at the same time.

Or a the many scenes from naruto where he spoiler[ steps in poo]
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:03 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that festival scene in AzuDai was classic! Wink

One that made me pause the disc from laughter was in the 3rd volume of Strawberry Marshmallow. The episode where they go to the bath house and spoiler[Miu sits in the bath, looking extremely comfortable and then a batch of bubbles floats up from her and gasses out the other girls. "What the hell did you eat, Miu?"] And as if that wasn't enough, after the bath they're all drinking some milk and Miu finishes hers first, looks at the others as they're still drinking, and spoiler[says, "Monkey fart!" PPPFFFFFFFFFT!! Milk shooting out of their noses.] Yeah, I laughed a lot at that one, that durn crazy Miu.

Pretty much the entire 7th episode of the Tenchi Muyo OAV was pretty hilarious. Ryoko and Ayeka reading Tenchi's Dad's comics for "research" on how to win the heart of an earth man and then reinacting scenarios from them, it was like the series was making fun of itself. And then spoiler[Ryoko and Ayeka form an "alliance" to get Mihoshi and Washu out of the picture, followed by the scene where Ryoko was dusting off her hands with a bound and gagged Ayeka wiggling around on the floor. Then there was Ayeka's portal trap on Tenchi's door that teleported Ryoko into the lake when she opened Tenchi's door. Ryoko and Ayeka proceed to fight eachother, and then Sasami, having a bad dream, walks past them and goes into Tenchi's room, also revealing that Washu was already in there as well.] And then, to add insult to injury, spoiler[Ayeka and Ryoko rush to the door and get caught by Ayeka's trap, landing them both into the lake.] This is one of the reasons why I can't seem to get enough of this series!

That's about all have for now...
Maryohki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quote
Basically any scene in Kyo Kara Maoh that Gunter says anything. Particularly the one when he's at a convent and the monks are reading from his diary and commending his pure love or some rubbish.
braham

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:31 am Reply with quote
I remember a scene from school rumble.

Where harima overhears a conversation about spoiler[ "how to confess to someone", during that talk he hears them saying that you should dress up as a peacock and stand at the edge of a building. At the end of the conversation though she says,"but what idiot would do that" followed by a screen of harima standing on the edge of the roof, dressed as a peacock.]. I really found that 1 hilarious.

Sorry for eventual irregularities as i can't remember the scene in detail Sad .
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:48 am Reply with quote
Perfect timing!

The other night I watched the Chibi Maruko-chan movie to introduce myself to the popular Maruko-chan franchise (I've been trying to find the TV series subbed as well, but no luck yet) and stumbled across one of the funniest scenes ever. I had to pause the TV and take a break; I was literally laughing for 5 minutes straight. It might be one of those things you have to see for yourself to really get the full impact, though.

What happens is, Maruko-chan's class is putting together a party for one of their students, and everyone has an act they perform, like a variety show. Maruko had planned to perform magic; unfortunately for her, the kid before her did this really intricate, amazing magic show and all poor Maruko has is the ol' dollar-attached-to-string floating trick. Everyone points out the lameness of her trick before she even has a chance to perform it ("Hey, I know this one! It's attached to a string!") so everyone's laughing at her as she painfully performs the floating dollar routine.

Her expression is what really gets me (click thumbnail):

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
covah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:18 am Reply with quote
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, when Sousuke is in the bear costume running around with a shotgun fighting the sleep depraved cop. Thats the first time anime made me laugh out loud.
Mylene

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:43 am Reply with quote
While I've had many anime that have cracked me up (Azumanga Daioh being the biggest culprit), one scene from My Neighbors the Yamadas sticks out to me (it's the only exact scene I can think of at this moment...not awake enough yet, I suppose). It is around midway through the movie, maybe during the last third, when the father allows the son to have a drink of his sake for some reason. spoiler[The son takes a drink and makes a horrible face. I believe the father makes some comment about having to get used to sake or whatever, and the son's response was, "Too dry." There was that split second of hesitation before the parents realized what he meant, and chased him through the house yelling.] That movie just had a ton of hysterical moments like that though. There is simply not enough love around for the Yamadas.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quote
Goodness... My favorite anime funny scene is the anime-only spoiler[Captain Tsubasa J scene where Tsubasa (the ever-perfect main character) was eating a HUMONGOUS serving of curry... And he chokes. He sort of panicks, Morisaki gives him a glass of water and he said "Wheeew! I thought I was going to die! Ishizaki says something and Tsubasa gets annoyed... It NEVER FAILS to make me laugh]

Pics about that:

And of course, anytime spoiler[Kenshin is knocked out with the (in)famous Anime dazed eyes, saying 'Oro...'].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
jetz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote
Allow me to cite another Azumanga Daioh scene. It was when spoiler[Osaka, Kagura and Tomo were talking about Bruce Lee (except they referred to him as Blue Three).] It was just so ridiculous - spoiler[Osaka was asking if there was a Blue One and a Blue Two since he's Blue Three and one of them even said that Blue Five was probably Jackie Chan.]

Another scene that made me laugh so hard was from Honey and Clover I, when spoiler[Morita received the Mochademy Award]. I couldn't stop laughing because of that.

Then there's also this scene from Kyo Kara Maoh!, spoiler[when Wolfram offered to scrub Yuuri's back for him.] I watched this at a net cafe near our school, and I tried my best to keep myself from laughing since there were a lot of people around me. That was kinda weird though.

There were a lot of funny scenes from Ouran High School Host Club. One of the most memorable gags that I like are from the Third episode, when spoiler[Tamaki wore a wig to make himself look like Haruhi but failed miserably. What made me laugh even more is the fact that the twins said "I can't believe he fell for it!" or something like that.]

And from School Rumble, I like the Eri-Harima comedy gags - spoiler[like when Eri caught Harima butt naked, or when she accidentally cut his hair off.]

Finally, Yakitate!! Japan. I love the spoiler[weird reactions Kuro-yan would get from eating Azuma's bread.] My favorite was his spoiler[reaction from the Curry Bread. ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Clodus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
my personal funniest moment was when i was first watching Full Metal Panic! spoiler[ when sousuke tries to keep watch on kaname with a newspaper with a friggen hole poked through and ends up failing horribly! she just walks up to him and pretty much just tells him flat out that. he tries to deny it while by saying this is all a coincidence lmao] i think its more mood than anything, like for me i perfectly remember the day and how it went, i was practically smiling the entire day and this just clicked for me. i ended up laughing so hard that i felt like my gut was gonna explode so i had to stop watching for a while
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quote
Oh man it took me a while to think of a scene Anime smile + sweatdrop
Anyways episode 15 of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu - Fifth Period's Hot Spot
spoiler[I have to say what really made me laugh this episode was that when Sousuke was trying to calm everyone down and all of a sudden they all attacked him while slowly approaching him with evil expressions. ] Here's a pic Anime smile
Greg Aubry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quote
Though it's often thought of as being dark, heavy, and depressing, there are a number of scenes in Evangelion that crack me up. I'm pretty sure my favorite is from the episode "The Night Tokyo-3 Stood Still." The power's gone out everywhere, and everybody in the control room is complaining about the heat. Maya remarks something to the effect of "even in these conditions, the commanders are still cool and in control."

Pan over to Gendo and Fuyutsuki and we see them with their feet in buckets of water. Fuyutsuki drily states the obvious:

"It's HOT."

Gendo confirms in his inimitable fashion:

"Yes."

I love it.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
The last anime I saw that made me laugh in many places was Nerima Daikon Brothers. Right from the begining, singing about daikon (radish) is funny enough, and when you spoiler[see a pic of a sausage ]you are losing it laughing, spoiler[when Ichiro slaps... well anyone], it's funny, the pachinko parlor boys "sa rang hey yo!", the songs (any and all), but I love when they sing for items from Nabeshin, and the items he gives spoiler[(anal plug? As a weapon? yeowww) ] can't help but look funny. The police woman riding her bike, the panda, spoiler[(eating daikon out of Ichiro's lap)] this show made me smile during the parts I wasn't laughing out loud at. See, I just saw it not long ago, and now talking about it I want to watch it again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8