• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tor Books, Seven Seas Join Forces in New Manga Venture

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightfall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quote
For those of you unfamiliar with Tor Books, some of their major authors are Robert Jordan, Elizabeth Haydon, Glen Cook, Terry Goodkind, Orson Scott Card, Ben Bova, Gene Wolf, L. E. Modesitt, Jr, J.V Jones, and David B Coe. Some, I admit, have written for other publishing houses, but a couple, J.V. Jones, Terry Goodkind, and especially Robert Jordan, were developed and groomed by Tor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean we're finally getting Ballad of a Shinigami and the rest of the light novels they licensed?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
I want Ballad of a Shinigami! I wonder if they'll release Shounen Onmyouji (novels)? If they do, I'll be REALLY happy! Very Happy
Shigi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quote
They've already had release dates listed on their site for a while now. Ballad of the Shinigami is coming out in March, July, and November of next year.

In other news, I think this is a BRILLIANT move on the part of Seven Seas. The one thing I was worried about with all their light novel acquisitions was their ability to market them properly (let's face facts, it's been very difficult for any of the manga companies to properly market any light novel series in the U.S. that didn't already have an established fan base) and this opens up so many licensing possibilities that were heretofore completely unfeasible.

If you have any requests for things you want them to license, drop by Seven Seas' forums. There's already a thread for things people want them to license (which they do look at). Laughing
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Shigi wrote:
They've already had release dates listed on their site for a while now. Ballad of the Shinigami is coming out in March, July, and November of next year.

I usually use RightStuf to check for dates and the last time I checked (two or three weeks ago) it was still 12-12-2012 [undetermined], but it seems they added the date recently and it does say its coming out in March. I'm glad they finally have the date, because it had been undetermined (at least on TRSI) for quite a while.
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:05 am Reply with quote
As long as they don't pull another "exclusive distribution" stunt, I'm fine with that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1