• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokemon Licensor, Toymaker Vie for KidScreen's Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quote
I don't know if PUSA taking the helms of Diamond & Pearl made it sucessful, it's more likely to do with the new games finally being on a new platform.

And a correction, Jakk's Pacific held the liscence to create DragonBall/Z/GT toys, however, recently(Infact in the past two months, if I recall correctly), Bandai has gained control over North American Distribution. Just in time for the Live Action Movie I guess.
hamtaroboy2006

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quote
That's all great but I have to agree that it's successful because of the current games on DS and Wii. I've also heard that Jakk's Pacifics' toys aren't that great compared to other toy manufacturers.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
And a correction, Jakk's Pacific held the liscence to create DragonBall/Z/GT toys, however, recently(Infact in the past two months, if I recall correctly), Bandai has gained control over North American Distribution. Just in time for the Live Action Movie I guess.

Jakks Pacific still holds the license for 2007, and KidScreen's Best of the Year Awards honors companies "over the past 12 months." Bandai America will start releasing toys in the spring of 2008.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1