• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Delays Tales of the Abyss to October 11

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Considering this is the second time it's been pushed back, and that this delay is after it was already supposed to be released, it would be nice if Bandai would tell us something. I'm assuming there must be major problems with the discs.

Of course, this also means that, provided it's not delayed as well, that the first manga will come out before the DVDs. I'm wondering if this will affect the sales of the LE DVD (which comes with the manga).
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote
Considering Bandai's history of delays in the past, I can't say that this news really surprises me.

Now if a week or more later and Bandai announced that it would be pushed back until 2012, that might actually surprise me though.

But wow, a four month delay for those who pre-ordered this or were about to buy this can be considered a long time. I personally have done neither, but I sympathize. I've had video games be delayed before and there have been times where several months have gone by without much information being passed on.
JiseiHakushaku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:29 am Reply with quote
I wasn't surprised by the delay, knowing Bandai, but it was still very disappointing. Oh well, I guess I'll just have Rightstuf ship the rest of the order on ahead...

Sigh. :<
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:05 am Reply with quote
No surprise. It is frigging Bandai. =/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Oh, the fact that it was delayed didn't surprise me as much as the fact that it was announced as delayed over a week after the release date (it was set for 7/6, same day as the 00 movie).

Considering my RightStuf order listed both ToA and 00 as "on order" (they apparently don't have any copies of the 00 movie in stock, either), the fact that I know someone who's gotten their 00 movie is the only reason I'm not surprised that it wasn't delayed at the same time.
joelgundam00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
it would be nice if Bandai would tell us something. I'm assuming there must be major problems with the discs..

From their Facebook page:

Bandai wrote:
Unfortunately, we ran into production issues with Tales of the Abyss. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Fortunately, my wallet can wait... but then I realize I have a ton of preorders that are coming out Sept/Oct :/

Oh Bandai, we aren't surprised. Really...
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Unless this is sub only, they are probably having trouble finding the original cast to dub the show. I'm sure that given the game was released here they would want to use the same cast...hence most likely why we also haven't seen many new Tales games here, particularly the Radiant Mythology titles as the voice cast is extensive. Replacing previously voiced Tales characters with new ones have never been all that popular among fans (see Symphonia 2)
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
No, it's sub-only.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh, Bandai...Tsk, tsk...

And I just pre-ordered the LE version from RightStuf...
Emily82LenFangirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
lol bandai..........
TopGunman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Bringing this thread back...TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!

Seriously, they make us wait all this damn time and they don't dub this show at all. What the hell was the point of the wait?

I know Bandai's on a budget, but if they didn't have high hopes for this show, why license it? I'm not buying this.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I own the release because Tales of the Abyss is awesome and I'm fine with watching it in Japanese and English. Bandai Entertainment doesn't exist to cater to one person's demands, why question them doing something that others will enjoy just because you in particular won't enjoy it? That's just not logical.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
The point of the wait was that they were having problems of some sort that had to be fixed. They said right from the start that it wasn't going to be dubbed.

I haven't watched the disc itself yet, but the packaging is quite beautiful and I'm happy with the release.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:38 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I own the release because Tales of the Abyss is awesome and I'm fine with watching it in Japanese and English. Bandai Entertainment doesn't exist to cater to one person's demands, why question them doing something that others will enjoy just because you in particular won't enjoy it? That's just not logical.

Really? I'm the only one who wants a dub? What a stupid response, If you think I'm the only one who prefers dubbed anime, you are clearly a lifeless fanboy who lives in a bubble, that itself shows you have no sense of logic, even using that as a response. Fact is, lots of people in and out ANN have been looking forward to a dub of TOTA.

If I'm not allowed to express my disappointment of a project where the information was misleading, then you're quite pathetic yourself to accept ANYTHING and not question the faults. There'd have been no disappointments had they said no dub from the start instead of waiting later to say so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2