• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 4 Episode 2 Leaked Before Japanese Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
I'm even more interested to see how derpy episode 2 would look like.

some thread on 4chan wrote:
A key animator twitted some really distressing details about the production of the anime:

-Animators aren't getting paid.
-The Animation Directors are bullying the key animators.
-Episode 2 isn't even worth watching, says Jun Arai (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fzlHrC08ms). He says that he gave up and told them to remove his name from the credit.
-Episode 3 will be even worse. More and more animators are giving up and leaving the project, he said.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4457.html

I'm surprised ANN didn't report this.

EDIT: Didn't know what the youtube link is for.

I can't really say anything after google translating it(your right it doesn't help that much).

But what twitter wrote may or may not really explain the whole situation imo and could have been written at the "heat of the moment" when they were having a big argument so I won't really believe that many animators will be leaving etc. etc. etc.

But we'll see what happens in the future episodes if the animation quality will slowly go downhill or not.

Oh abou tthat youtube link, it says Jun Arai MAD so I'm assuming he's showing his angry face through various segments of anime he liked or something. (I kinda loled at that actually)
minirop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote
the "thing" that Kaze didn't said, is that they made available the episode on KzPlay 2 days before the japanese broadcast. It's not really a "leak", just an non-assumed ineptitude (incompetence?).

edit : and on yt there's a video explaining how to download the streams. So basically Kaze's servers hadn't been compromised/hacked.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
tetron wrote:
Oh abou tthat youtube link, it says Jun Arai MAD so I'm assuming he's showing his angry face through various segments of anime he liked or something. (I kinda loled at that actually)

A MAD is a Japanese fan-made video - basically what we call AMVs. A sakuga MAD like this one is a compilation of a particular animators work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
CKSqua

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
tetron wrote:

But what twitter wrote may or may not really explain the whole situation imo and could have been written at the "heat of the moment" when they were having a big argument so I won't really believe that many animators will be leaving etc. etc. etc.

Other animators have chimed in to back Arai's claims. People have quit, and there seems to be some hostility toward AIC in general. That said, we don't know when the shakeup happened, so different animators may have been called in to finish the work.

Quote:
But we'll see what happens in the future episodes if the animation quality will slowly go downhill or not.

Most people can't discern animation quality well. They recognize the obvious (drawing mistakes, fluidity as a result of budget) but are otherwise in the dark when it comes to technique. Studios can get away with mediocrity by covering it up through animation directors, which is possibly AIC's production strategy. Just plow through the animation fast and ensure that it's shiny and on-model. Fans think it looks good; technique buffs and serious animators think it's soulless or sloppy.

Jun Arai is high profile, so he has specific standards and creative aims, not to mention a reputation to uphold. What he calls crap may be acceptable to most viewers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2