• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Appleseed: Ex Machina

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:35 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
I think I'd like to elaborate my take on the choppy animation.

With both Appleseed movies, as well as FFVII:AC and all other CG films; when I notice the chop, or non-fluid stop-motionlike movement, my brain tells me this is CG and I sort of expect to see it. To put it another way, it doesn't surprise me when I see it. Therefore, it usually never detracts from my enjoyment. I'm simply astounded at how beautiful it is, regardless. Shocked

I can understand that, and to some degree I suppose i tell myself the same thing, but when I see a big CG movie like Ex-Machina with it's lush visuals but choppy animation, and then see a movie like Ratatouille with lush visuals AND fluid movement it makes me wish Ex-Machina had the same fluidity. Just imagine how awesome it would be if the characters did move that smoothly.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I guess I don't have an eye for 3D animation like some people do, because I'm not seeing this choppiness in animation that other people are seeing in Appleseed and Advent Children. I honestly never understood the complaints with the animation on these movies and never saw how Pixar movies look any better.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote
My thoughts here.

I seem to be the only one that is putting the first one a small notch above the second. Even though I agree the animation is better with Ex Machina. But alas, so is life. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
My thoughts here.

I seem to be the only one that is putting the first one a small notch above the second. Even though I agree the animation is better with Ex Machina. But alas, so is life. Laughing

Of course you're putting the first one above Ex-Machina a small notch. You're doing it to simply be a stick in th mud and showing that cranky side you mentioned hehe. Wink
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:58 am Reply with quote
They finally uploaded my review.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5