• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Third Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Season Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:57 am Reply with quote
Oh yes those were a complete riot, "I'm sorry stellar but I couldn't protect my gender".
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quote
BakaOnna wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority (on this forum at least) who thought season 2 was better than season 1 in a number of ways. The art and animation were huge improvements. And though most people seem to think things dragged, I thought season 1 moved too fast and left out a lot of infomation. Season 2 was more about the drama and Rika's struggle, while season 1 was about the mystery, horror, violence and blood. I'll admit that towards the 2nd half, it did get a bit dull, but I absolutely loved Minagoroshi-hen. My favorite arc, followed closely by Onikakushi-hen. To each their own, I guess.

Count me in too. I liked season 2 more. To add to what you said, I also like the second season op song a bit more than the one for the first season. Also, the first series just feels like a reset after another. There would be some things that happened in the first Higurashi that I thought had a little more to be desired. But the pieces come together at some point and things are made out of it. With Kai it starts to go somewhere. I don't mind that much if Kai dragged (shows I like that do I can get use to them being like that). The way the drama was built with the episodes I thought they were done well. I haven't found Kai to be dull or got bored at all to be honest.

subaru wrote:
In my opinion, the 2nd season is a bit of a let down. All the murdering, violence, horror and twists that made 1st higurashi wonderful were gone in 2nd season.

The thing that made the 1st season good was the fact that after all the murdering at the end of each arc, everything will be back to normal in the next story arc. It was this weirdness that made the show spooky.

The 2nd season is trying to explain all these in a logical sense......... I think that just ruined the vibe of the show.

I wasn't let down. Don't take me the wrong way. All the "why is this all happening?" was good and I liked the suspense in the first series. But I really liked how Kai evolved from that. The vibe of the show may not be the same with Kai as it was with the first season. But when it started coming to the climax I thought it was good enough to do without it that I didn't mind. I started to like the characters more without all the fear, doubt, hatred, and betrayal on each other being used as much like in the previous season. I just like for it to be that all the characters live happily ever after (I don't mean a bedtime story like one necessarily) for once. It was great to see that the main cast pulled through with each other and fought to the very end.

The Higurashi series has slowly become one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to having fun with the third series.
Fuko_Kirisawa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Agreed. I can't add anything more, I guess Vuwazy said it all for me. I can say that I liked the second season a lot more than the first because it had a lot of drama and emotion to it, a solider plot and a much better looking animation. Let me point out that I loved this opening more than the previous one. Also, Rika and Hanyuu are my favourite characters so I wouldn't complain.
It's rather improbable that this third season is a sequel. I would say (like someone else said it already) it will be the anime version of the ps2 game arcs since it wouldn't really make sense after an ending like that. Though I didn't really get the last minutes of the episode. spoiler[Does Rika continue to travel from world to world? Is she the new Oyashiro-sama? I really doubt that last part but she has to be travelling or she couldn't change Takano's fate.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4