• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Series Details Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
Hmmm...Is the window with the picture of Yuki not supposed to close when the 'close' button is clicked? I had to press ctrl+alt+delete and end the process to get it off my screen.

I also wonder who the hell figured out the password to access this whole thing. The initials of the family names of the SOS brigade are probably the last thing I'd think of.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LordRobin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:20 am Reply with quote
We need the answer to the most important question of all. Will the closing credits have an even bigger obsession-creating para para dance?

------RM
cogknack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:52 am Reply with quote
Thats a lot of work for a little bit of information. Alert the Internets!
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:06 am Reply with quote
cogknack wrote:
Thats a lot of work for a little bit of information. Alert the Internets!

See that's what I thought too Confused
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:12 am Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
Hmmm...Is the window with the picture of Yuki not supposed to close when the 'close' button is clicked? I had to press ctrl+alt+delete and end the process to get it off my screen.

I also wonder who the hell figured out the password to access this whole thing. The initials of the family names of the SOS brigade are probably the last thing I'd think of.
Using the names should be one of the first things that came to mind for those who read the volume in question. It probably didn't take too long for one person out of all the Japanese fans to guess the right thing.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:30 am Reply with quote
OH my. It's Haruhi's god powers at work again. Twisted Evil
Thinkersblock07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:33 am Reply with quote
Why does it say at the bottom 2007, 2008, 2009? Question

Do you think it means it will air during 2008-2009? So possibly during Fall 2008 to Winter 2009? I'm most likely 100% wrong, but if I'm not it seems a bit too early to be advertising.

Hm...Interesting...
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:44 am Reply with quote
biolizard_alpha wrote:
Murasakisuishou wrote:

Using the names should be one of the first things that came to mind for those who read the volume in question. It probably didn't take too long for one person out of all the Japanese fans to guess the right thing.

Well then, that's probably why I wouldn't have got it, I haven't read the novels Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nebbo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:40 am Reply with quote
Does Kyon even have a full name? I don't remember it being revealed in the anime.
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:45 am Reply with quote
Thinkersblock07 wrote:
Why does it say at the bottom 2007, 2008, 2009? Question

Do you think it means it will air during 2008-2009? So possibly during Fall 2008 to Winter 2009? I'm most likely 100% wrong, but if I'm not it seems a bit too early to be advertising.

Hm...Interesting...

Very discerning, that's what the Moonphase site have noticed as well. Perhaps this time it will not span one season block (13 eps) but two instead? (26 eps). That would certainly seem like a profitable move. More Haruhi always exponentially = more money. More money outgoing from me at the very least.

Anyway this once again confirms that the main plot arc for season 2 is going to be the "Disappearance of." Don't expect the title of season to be "The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi 2." Rather it will probably be "The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi" - or some other novel title. Not sure which other one though.

Nagato fans will be SUPER happy...

I see that the director has been changed from Ishihara Tatsuya to Takemoto Yasuhiro. They're both good though, although I am little sad that Yamamoto Yutaka has been fired/forced out of Kyoto Animation over Lucky Star. He was the creative mind behind the Haruhi ending sequence dance...
Thinkersblock07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Very discerning, that's what the Moonphase site have noticed as well. Perhaps this time it will not span one season block (13 eps) but two instead? (26 eps). That would certainly seem like a profitable move. More Haruhi always exponentially = more money. More money outgoing from me at the very least.

With 26 episodes I wonder if they'll still do the renumbering business...

Quote:
I see that the director has been changed from Ishihara Tatsuya to Takemoto Yasuhiro. They're both good though, although I am little sad that Yamamoto Yutaka has been fired/forced out of Kyoto Animation over Lucky Star. He was the creative mind behind the Haruhi ending sequence dance...

So he's out of Kyoto Animation? That doesn't seem fair. Sad His dance made a cult! Very Happy
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:44 am Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
We need the answer to the most important question of all. Will the closing credits have an even bigger obsession-creating para para dance?

Unlikely, as the choreographer has already left KyoAni.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:02 am Reply with quote
Thinkersblock07 wrote:
Quote:

With 26 episodes I wonder if they'll still do the renumbering business...

Quote:

So he's out of Kyoto Animation? That doesn't seem fair. Sad His dance made a cult! Very Happy

It made quite a commotion among the Japanese anime community when it happened. I never quite figured out the final word on this issue. Rumors fly as to why he was fired/forced out, but none are confirmed...such as he received commission for product placement in ep1-4, etc.

Hopefully someone else will be able to carry on his spirit though. Surely he can't be the ONLY person who was a big fan of J-pop idols in Kyoto Animation Wink
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:06 am Reply with quote
I am stoked. That was my favorite storyline. I hope they also do the Lit Club vs Student Council President, the Winter Mountain Trip, and the making of the Mikiru movie
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:12 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
LordRobin wrote:

Unlikely, as the choreographer has already left KyoAni.

When/why did he leave? I missed this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4