• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Series Details Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloyabun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
So if they are going to animate "The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya" it also means that they will also adapt "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" right?
icepick314

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
not from TV series...neither does his sister....

nebbo wrote:
Does Kyon even have a full name? I don't remember it being revealed in the anime.

i can't wait to see the new series...

don't know about yall but the series is one of top 5 imo...i enjoyed first season in both English and Japanese...THE best release Bandai has ever done...

till Lucky Star comes out...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quote
*brain goes BOOM*

*incoherent babbling and keysmashing ensue for the next five minutes or so*

I AM SO HAPPY.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quote
The song is a numeric sequence. It probably has some sort of a message embedded in it. I'm too tired to make sense of it right now, but I could pick out that it was distinct digits being chimed out...
Kibamaru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:18 am Reply with quote
Thinkersblock07 wrote:

With 26 episodes I wonder if they'll still do the renumbering business...

I hope not. Renumbering 26 episodes is too much, and taking it way too far. Let's keep that for Season 1 only.

Some of us here are actually NORMAL enough to find that renumbering unnecessary and that it's all just a way of making more profit, and that it doesn't have a "special hidden meaning" by renumbering them -__-

Sure I agree that the move was a unique one. But the fact that it's unique means that no other series/shows/seasons should have it. Keep it unique for Season 1 only.
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quote
http://www.haruhi.tv/yuki_pic.html

I read the article, but what does it say in this page? Looks cool. Those who already read the Vanishment should know where this scene comes from.
Pocky_aDDict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
The song is a numeric sequence. It probably has some sort of a message embedded in it. I'm too tired to make sense of it right now, but I could pick out that it was distinct digits being chimed out...

The song is actualy Satie's Berceuse, a lullaby. Part of the sheet music & lyrics can be seen here: [link] The file is located here, according to the source.

Whether or not the song/lyrics is significant towards the novel or not is beyond me. I still need to finish reading Dissapearance...
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quote
W-General wrote:
Nagato fans will be SUPER happy...
Ooh, now I'm even more excited about the new season! I'm hoping this one will be longer. More episodes means more DVDs to sell and, obviously, more awesome Haruhi goodness. Can't wait to learn more about the characters and enjoy more of their adventures.

It's too bad the choreographer behind the ED sequence dance is gone, but somehow I doubt another awesome dance is necessary for the new season to be super good. Hopefully, Kadokawa Pictures USA will bring it over fast and use Bandai again for the work. (They seem wise enough not to fix what ain't broke, so we'll probably get another round of great product.)
Porcupine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
W-General wrote:
I see that the director has been changed from Ishihara Tatsuya to Takemoto Yasuhiro. They're both good though, although I am little sad that Yamamoto Yutaka has been fired/forced out of Kyoto Animation over Lucky Star. He was the creative mind behind the Haruhi ending sequence dance...
I would prefer it if they didn't change directors. In my opinion both Tatsuya Ishihara and Yasuhiro Takemoto are slightly above-average but not great directors, maybe with Takemoto being the very slightly better of the two...but certainly not better enough to warrant a replacement. If at all possible I think it is best to keep the same director and thus the same "feel" of the show.

That's interesting stuff regarding Yamamoto Yutaka. I haven't seen any of Lucky Star yet myself so I don't know if he is good director or not.

But I thought I'd mention that just because he is gone, that does not mean that more well-animated dance scenes are impossible. He may have been the "choreographer" for the Haruhi dance in particular; but in general Kyoto Animation animates extremely well and with a crisp style. This style is particular to their entire studio and I don't think any one individual is solely responsible for it all. Even with him gone, I think Kyoto Animation would still animate almost as well or just as well as before. So another good dance could still be made in my opinion.

Personally I don't really care about whether there is a dance or not. I only care if Kyoto Animation continues to animate well or not in general for any motion/movement/action scenes (this includes dancing but also fighting/jumping/kicking/whatever).
cogknack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:52 am Reply with quote
man it seems like everyone wants to see it dubbed nice and quick. I think dubbing anime is like if you painted the mona lisa black to show it in Africa. :/ Not saying I dont appreciate the effort or anything. That be my two cents.
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:

What do you mean by "digits"?

I'd love if there was a Haruhi ARG leading up to its release.
endsmouth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:44 am Reply with quote
I hope they keep the season short and continue to do so for future installments. I liked everything they did with the first season by taking just one major storyline, pairing it up with a couple of supplementary episodes and introducing the anachronistic order, retaining the overall feel of the novels. I would hate for them to mess with a winning formula.

There are basically four main stories, Melancholy, Disappearance, Intrigues, and Dissociation/book 10. In fact, if they really, really wanted one long season, Intrigues and Dissociation/10 would work better together than Disappearance and whatever else, even if, as I said, I'd rather they keep it to short blocks.

I'd also hate for them to possibly burn out or exhaust the source material, which would only leave a longer gap between this season and the next. It'd also be wise for KyoAni to change to a short season as a change of pace after three straight 20+ episode productions.

Anyway, I've thought about it before. I'm thinking Disappearance and Bamboo Leaf (8), Endless Eight (1), Charmed at First Sight (1), Snow Mountain and Where Did The Cat Go (2), and more behind Asahina Mikuru's Adventure (1). S3 could then be Intrigues, Melancholy of Asahina, Editor In Chief, Wandering Shadow, and Suzumiya Haruhi Theater, everything leading into S4's Dissociation and novel 10.
cardcaptor_yue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quote
Asos brigade site is down and replaced with a two, view source produces "earth is 98% full, please delete any closed space you can" so Americas starting the game too.
Vortextk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
The article seems as cryptic as the marketing does. Basically, nothing is known except most likely the source material they're using for this season? Pretty much been expecting atleast one more season of this if simply as a cash cow.
rg4619

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I would prefer it if they didn't change directors. In my opinion both Tatsuya Ishihara and Yasuhiro Takemoto are slightly above-average but not great directors, maybe with Takemoto being the very slightly better of the two...but certainly not better enough to warrant a replacement. If at all possible I think it is best to keep the same director and thus the same "feel" of the show.

Yeah, it's always better to have one person at the helm to maintain a consistent vision. Timing probably has everything to do with the change - with Ishihara on Clannad, they needed to assign someone else to Haruhi so that planning could proceed in parallel (quicker release later = the faster money rolls in).

Changing creative leads produced sequels like Zero no Tsukaima II, so I hope they know what they're doing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4