• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: World Cosplay Summit Joined by Russia, England in 2012

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote
Fitting a competition rigged and corrupted like **** would branch out to Russia.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:36 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Fitting a competition rigged and corrupted like **** would branch out to Russia.

Lol. I always wondered....do you have to be a legal citizen of the country you'll be representing?

WCS has such vague rules and incomplete website information I don't even know how people even sign up to compete for like the 200 preliminaries. A friend and I were considering entering after winning several con competitions but after reading up past winners and inconsistencies in judging--we were really discouraged.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:34 am Reply with quote
Why don't people think of this as basically a bunch of local cosplay competitions where the grand prize is a free trip to Japan?

Sure, the actual finals are a publicity stunt/dog and pony show, but as long as you go into it expecting as much I don't see why people can't just relax and have a good time.

Oh wait... it's a cosplay competition! No wonder they can't!
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Why don't people think of this as basically a bunch of local cosplay competitions where the grand prize is a free trip to Japan?

Sure, the actual finals are a publicity stunt/dog and pony show, but as long as you go into it expecting as much I don't see why people can't just relax and have a good time.

Oh wait... it's a cosplay competition! No wonder they can't!

See one year where the Italian team won (allegedly due to one member of said team being a "famous cosplayer") and the organizers stiffed the American Team by abandoning them from rides to accommodate her entourage.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Can the ANN staff please fix this articles title to "World Cosplay Summit Joined by Russia, UNITED KINGDOM in 2012" please? As article indicates that the Hyper Japan event will be for entrants from the United Kingdom in general. Not just England.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1