• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica to Get English BDs Starting February 14

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okurarina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:13 am Reply with quote
why must they give Madoka's role to such a horrible VA *sigh* so much dissapoint!!

I'm DEF getting the special edition one - at least they still contain the original seiyuu - i can only imagine the horror of what they will do with my homu homu :<
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:30 am Reply with quote
Amazing news. This announcement was SO friggin' sweet, I just had to write Henry-san a digital high five last night. He and his company are making history in '12! Can't wait to see what else the Aniplex of America team has in store for us lucky folks.

I'll be picking up those lovely sounding limited editions. Get em while they're hot! Zac isn't kidding when he says they will sell out.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote

It just came up for pre-order!
And true to my word, I just put in my order!

Quote:

• Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray/DVD 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition with CD (*) 1 $74.98 (pre-order 02/14)
• Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray/DVD 2 (Hyb) Limited Edition with CD (*) 1 $74.98 (pre-order 04/10)
• Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray/DVD 3 (Hyb) Limited Edition with CD (*) 1 $74.98 (pre-order 06/12)

Item Subtotal:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$224.94

K.o.R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:28 am Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:

It just came up for pre-order!
And true to my word, I just put in my order!

Quote:

• Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray/DVD 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition with CD (*) 1 $74.98 (pre-order 02/14)
• Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray/DVD 2 (Hyb) Limited Edition with CD (*) 1 $74.98 (pre-order 04/10)
• Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray/DVD 3 (Hyb) Limited Edition with CD (*) 1 $74.98 (pre-order 06/12)

Item Subtotal:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$224.94

Ditto Very Happy

Hey, since we ordered them all at once, at least we don't get whalloped for the money until volume 3 comes out, unless RS changes their policy on shipping partial orders, anyway.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:38 am Reply with quote
K.o.R wrote:

Ditto Very Happy

Hey, since we ordered them all at once, at least we don't get whalloped for the money until volume 3 comes out, unless RS changes their policy on shipping partial orders, anyway.

When I order instock items + a pre-order, they always get shipped seperately, so I don't see how this should be any different.
They should get charged and shipped as each one comes in I would imagine.
Unless things are different when they're all pre-orders.
K.o.R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:

When I order instock items + a pre-order, they always get shipped seperately, so I don't see how this should be any different.
They should get charged and shipped as each one comes in I would imagine.
Unless things are different when they're all pre-orders.

I've always only seen them dispatch complete orders; I haven't seen any option to do otherwise on the ordering page.

Though I'm in the UK so it might be the international ordering system.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Item Subtotal:
$224.94

And people complain about spending 50-100 dollars on sets worth 24-26 episodes these days...sheesh. That price right there could be considered a Japanese price, but at 13 episodes, it sure is not worth it.

I recently ordered my Reborn X-Future Box and got it in the mail. The price was about 360 dollars, but I got 40 episodes worth, plus a drama cd and an extra special disc. For almost 100 dollars more, I got 3 times as many episodes.... now that's what I call the better deal.

I don't care about Aniplex anymore. Anything they ever licensed, I never bought anyway. I honestly don't know what the hype is for a 13 episode series, but I doubt such a series can be so epic in only 13 episodes to justify the American price here.

Thank god Sentai licensed P4 Anime instead of Aniplex, or else we're be getting the series spread across 6 DVDs/Blurays at 60 dollars apiece. Rolling Eyes
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Actually that price is only around 40% of the Japanese price.

And that's the difference between buying a first release and a re-release. Those Reborn episodes are three years old.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Actually that price is only around 40% of the Japanese price.

And that's the difference between buying a first release and a re-release. Those Reborn episodes are three years old.

I buy the boxsets because the first press release does not include the special discs I talked about. Which is the main reason why I bought them. I want the creditless op and ends and the special "making of the anime" videos.

Trust me, I already have the singles, so I know the difference between the first press and boxed set. The singles barely come with anything.
lilly_938

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
Quote:

Item Subtotal: $224.94
And people complain about spending 50-100 dollars on sets worth 24-26 episodes these days...sheesh. That price right there could be considered a Japanese price, but at 13 episodes, it sure is not worth it.
Yes, sir, I pre-ordered mine too! God no, these are not Japanese prices. Please, I was 1 day away from importing the BDs when they announced the license. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on shows, but to those of us who loved it, it's worth it. Just like I'm willing to give my money to whoever licenses Cardcaptor Sakura, especially if funi redubs)
Annf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
For those pondering the N.A. LE vs. the Japanese discs:

Content shared by N.A. LE and Japanese releases:
-Soundtrack CDs
-Reversible jackets
-Booklets with short manga

Content exclusive to the Japanese release:
-drama CDs
-character song CDs
-audio commentary on the BDs

Content exclusive to the N.A. LE:
-double-sided poster(s)
-Kyubey sticker
-postcards
-Ending theme song music video by Kalafina
(This music video is included with the ending theme song single CD sold in Japan.)
Vapors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
Damn, $225 for 13 episodes! Oh well, I've committed to this so what the heck. This anime series has reignited my enthusiasm for anime again, so I don't mind putting money down for a series I love. One thing I wanted to ask: Have the OSTs being provided ever been commercially available separately? I heard they were only available in Japan if you bought the LE BDs. If that is the case, then the markup is probably based on those CDs as well as Aniplex's desire to tap the collector's market rather than try to make it more appealing to a broader audience. As popular as the series has appeared to seem, you never know what it might do in terms of sales. As much as people have groused about the high pricing, maybe it'll serve Aniplex well, at least for this series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5