• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
User Ratings

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:48 am Reply with quote
I have found that the User Ratings on the anime pages don't work the way they are suppposed to unless you are using Internet Explorer. When you click on Details, you don't see any details appear unless using IE. Sad

Personally I use Mozilla Firebird and I would like to be able to see the rating details without having to switch over to Explorer.

Is this at all possible?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:34 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm gonna fix that eventually. I only realized there was a bug recently. Mozilla may be more standards-compliant but IE is soooooo much more versatile.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:26 am Reply with quote
Mozilla conforms to the international standards and IE doesn't. Which can lead to alot of problems; especially when don't know that there is an error that IE is hiding.
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really think it was an "error" really. Microsoft decided to add a few features to HTML that other browers didn't. The User Rating probably just used the Microsoft HTML as opposed to the standards that Mozilla follows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1