• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Adds Loveless, Jiu Jiu Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Yaoi Review

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Sewingrose wrote:
Loveless doesn't really seem like a Viz title, kinda surprised they picked it up. Oh well, another title rescued, I'm sure there are happy fans.

I think they mentioned they were going to start looking at BL titles this year. Like, they hired someone specifically for that.

EDIT: Yeah, here's the site the new BL editor was running before she got hired: http://theyaoireview.com/ Her most recent entry says how she got a new job.

Two license rescues from TP, which I'm really happy about, but so far none are for my unfinished titles. Sad Stiill, happy for fans of those books, and I'm even going to try out Alice in the Country of Hearts now.

This is all true but this release has nothing to do with the BL line. VIZ is releasing this as a VIZ title and not under the BL imprint. Sort of how TP didn't release it under BLU... not enough BL in it to call it a BL title. Smile
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
The Yaoi Review wrote:

This is all true but this release has nothing to do with the BL line. VIZ is releasing this as a VIZ title and not under the BL imprint. Sort of how TP didn't release it under BLU... not enough BL in it to call it a BL title. Smile

Ooo, I see. So Viz is going to have some sort of BLU equivalent in the future?
sepherest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Viz kind of irks me sometimes (especially when it comes to their anime releases, they're probably haunted in their dreams by Monster fans) but hey, the more rescued Tokyopop titles that Mr.Levy won't be able to get his hands on is alright with me.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:38 pm Reply with quote
FI. NA. LLY. I've been waiting for the next volume of Loveless for a thousand years, JEEZ!
catandmouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that Loveless has been picked up, but I'm not too sure if I'm too happy it was picked up by VIZ. I mean, they do a really nice job with their books, but they tend to be inconsistent with their translations, some have honorifics, some don't...and the TP Loveless releases did have them, but either way, I can't wait for the release and I'm so buying them!
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
It's about time we hear from Viz on what's happening with Inuyasha: Final Act!

It's pretty much a given that Richard Ian Cox (Inuyasha), Kirby Morrow (Miroku), and Kelly Sheridan (Sango) will come back to reprise one of their famous roles but the rest of the cast who play Kagome, Sesshoumaru, Kikyo, Naraku and so forth are being called into question since the voice actors for them has either moved out of the country, moved on from the industry or disappeared off the face of the Earth.

The question is if they are replaced, then who's cast as the replacements for them? It would just feel awkward to see how different the chemistry will be if Cox has to work with someone else when voicing Inuyasha and Kagome respectively.

For Inuyasha fans, it's been a long time coming and I hope it is worth the wait for you all.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm with the folks that are happy to see some news about Inuyasha, but wondering why it's been so slow. Did it take that long to get the dub cast back together or something? It just seems like that would be one show that they'd want to have ready to go relatively quickly.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Nothing in particular Im interested in, but Im glad some people will be able to complete their collections now. License rescues are always cool to hear about.

And maybe this will stop people from pestering the poor guy that runs the Viz Facebook about Inuyasha. ;p
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Final Act on Blu-ray too? This series never got a Blu-ray release in Japan so i expect them to do the same thing that they did with the Naruto Shippuden movie 2 Blu-ray.

From Chris Beveridge's review:

Quote:
Unsurprisingly, you can’t change audio or subtitles on the fly, but it’s all designed so that you can’t watch it in Japanese without subtitles in order to prevent reverse importation. You can watch in English, English with subtitles and Japanese with subtitles.
ankoku22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:

It's pretty much a given that Richard Ian Cox (Inuyasha), Kirby Morrow (Miroku), and Kelly Sheridan (Sango) will come back to reprise one of their famous roles but the rest of the cast who play Kagome, Sesshoumaru, Kikyo, Naraku and so forth are being called into question since the voice actors for them has either moved out of the country, moved on from the industry or disappeared off the face of the Earth.

To quote this Wikipedia article:

Quote:
"On December 17, 2010, Paul Dobson announced on a podcast episode of VoicePrint with Trevor Devall and guests that he would be going back to the Ocean Group studio for his final recording session of InuYasha: The Final Act on December 23, 2010"

So I guess you can add Naraku and Myoga to the list of characters returning with their original voices. Smile
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quote
@ ankoku22

Oh, goody! I've always loved his cowardly voice as Myoga and an as the excellent, scheming, manipulative bastard as Naraku. At least the Big Bad will still be the same and my gosh, he's awesome in the role.

Although, what about for Sesshoumaru, Kagome, and Kikyo? If they can't get the actors back to reprise their roles, I want to see the cast list of who is their replacements.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Viz, if you got time for BL, how about bringing over the last volume of Descendants of Darkness? Mad
sail0rluna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
yes.thank you:) i recently bought three volumes of loveless that were on sale and almost had a heart attack thinking i wouldn't be able to buy the rest but now i have a small glimmer of hope that viz media will hopefully re release the older volumes....i mean it kind of makes sense right? but other than that i'm more than happy to know loveless was saved<3 it has such an amazing story and art<333
lys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote
YAY! Jiu Jiu!!! (am I the first person on this thread to say that? heh...) I am a fan of Touya Tobina's work :D I'm bummed Tokyopop couldn't finish Clean Freak (my introduction to the artist's work) before closing, but this is happy-making! And I just (this past week!) bought the first two volumes in Japanese, thinking its chances of being licensed weren't that great. But now I get to read them as a preview of the English release!!
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I hope Viz will give us omnibus editions for the earlier volumes of Loveless. If not, I guess I'll have to resort to re-sellers. Plan to buy volumes 9 and 10 regardless...

Lycosyncer wrote:
@ ankoku22
Although, what about for Sesshoumaru, Kagome, and Kikyo? If they can't get the actors back to reprise their roles, I want to see the cast list of who is their replacements.

David Kaye, who played Sesshoumaru will not be reprising his role. Viz is going with Ocean in Canada and Mr. Kaye now lives in Los Angeles. I assume Viz didn't want to pay for his flight, housing and the SAG scale he probably gets now. Sesshoumaru is now being voiced by Michael Dangerfield. I don't know much about him, or what he has done before.

AS for the actress that did Kagome, she is pretty much MIA and the role has been re-cast.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3