• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Adds Loveless, Jiu Jiu Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The North American manga and anime distributor Viz Media announced at its New York Comic Con panel on Sunday that it will publish Yun Kouga's Loveless

Oh my god. OH MY EFFING GOD. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Alexis.Anagram

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...Viz Media announced at its New York Comic Con panel on Sunday that it will publish Yun Kouga's Loveless...

Quote:
...it will publish Yun Kouga's Loveless...

Quote:
...Yun Kouga's Loveless...

There are no words to describe what I am feeling right now.
Except, perhaps, one: yay.

And, I don't know about classifying Loveless as a BL title. It has (presumably) homosexual and/or bisexual and/or pansexual characters in it, but that doesn't mean it fits the genre specifications for BL (not enough rape, exploitation and dramatized need for validation on the part of the characters...I'll give you the bondage requisite, though). I believe even Yun Kouga has gone on record stating that her fans may consider it BL or yaoi, but she doesn't (can't remember where I read that, but I seem to have nonetheless). A lot of the sexuality in the series is left relatively ambiguous anyway, much of it being allegorical in nature; Ritsuka in particular is positioned as a sort of sexually neutral zone (though certainly not for lack of effort on the part of other characters), with a lot of his affection for others coming from an alternately and interchangeably childish, naive, "pure" space, despite his apparent, objective understanding of sexual matters. I think that's kind of the point.

It's a bit like classifying Cardcaptors Sakura as BL because of Touya and Yukito, or as yuri due to Tomoyo's attraction to Sakura.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote
See I should have been at that panel and I could have asked them if they would ever consider licensing 'Shin Angyo Onshi'. It's a shame that a book like that gets released in the UK but we don't get it. Should have been released along with 'Claymore' during that time.

Sorry to sound like a kill-joy but there so many titles that they have closer access to and they're bypassing them for mainstream titles. I understand there are titles that many want but what about what others like. Sad
Saturn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
yay! I'd given up hope that we'd ever see the next volumes of Loveless. Thank you VIZ!
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Anime News Network wrote:
Viz Media will release Inuyasha: The Final Act on Blu-ray Disc and DVD next year.

No news of an Adult Swim airing?

I guess Adult Swim plans on making the announcement themselves like two months before the premiere...
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
Add Inuyasha: Final Act in BD to next year's purchase list - Check! I'm looking forward to it. Very Happy
Deadwing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Good to see Loveless get license-rescued. It was one of the two ongoing series I was still buying from Tokyopop. Now for someone to pick up D.N.Angel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3