• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sket Dance (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 73

spoiler[Himeko's peeping Tom case.
Bossun sure became competitive with the student council.
Guess it's 'cause of his brother Tsubaki....
Katou is just amazing, yup, that's the right word.
The current student council sure is full of all kind of weirdos ^^"
The second story about Roman's manga competition was a bit flat considering the first one.]
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
As of episode 76, its been announced at end of the show that episode 77 is the last episode of the series.

Is there way to confirm this? I tried to translate the series' offical website, but i was unable to confirm it. I don't know if the season ending or a series ending...
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Considering the characters say it's the last one and break the fourth wall, yeah, next week is the last sadly.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Gintama is taking over its timeslot, right?

Anyone wanna bet that they're trying to set up a symbiotic relationship between the two shows? When Gintama gets too close to the manga again they will take a break again and Sket Dance will return, run until they too start getting in trouble of having to do too much filler and switch off once more.

In any case I believe the show kept its popularity up, so I bet it will be back eventually in any case.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Well, there was that bizarre crossover that happened about a year ago. Also, a couple of Seiyuu actually do work on both shows.

So yeah, the two shows are already linked.
Little Flower

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Nosferatu21 wrote:
I see the hints in the opening but I hope Switch x Momoka doesn't happen. For me, I find Switch x Reiko just as fun as Bossun x Himeko. The most recent episode about fortune telling had Switch get pretty serious about helping Reiko when she was being deceived. His reasoning was he "needs his rival at her strongest" or something like that. One of my favorite episodes in the series was when Switch and Reiko went computer shopping and Switch again stepped up to help Reiko out when guy she liked in junior high was rude to her. It's nothing against Momoka, I just enjoy all Switch and Reiko screentime.

Spoiler from Manga: spoiler[ Momoka confesses to Switch on Valentine's day, but he answers saying,"I will never fall in love again." After that panels are shown showing Sawa and Switch's last conversation, which probably means Switch feels he can never fall in love again because of what happened with him and Sawa. This is very sad for me because I personally like Momoka x Switch, but I would not be disappointed if he ended up with Reiko. ]
Little Flower

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
I like the new Student Council members.. the girl who turns horny when a man touches her and a ruthless ninja vice-president? Who can't love that.

Kiri is the general affairs manager not the vice-president. Sorry I'm just really big on corrections. ^^"
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
My mistake.. sad the series has been over for while now, it's definitely a gap in my weekly episode routine. Glad to know there's an OVA on the way, though.
Little Flower

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
My mistake.. sad the series has been over for while now, it's definitely a gap in my weekly episode routine. Glad to know there's an OVA on the way, though.

Yeah. I really liked watching Sket Dance. I'm reading the manga now but seeing it in motion was so awesome.

Really? An OVA? I had no idea. Do you know any details?
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3