• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: t.A.T.u. Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Yup. for example, I don't think Hideaki Anno did the opening for Mahromatic out of a deep spiritual need.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:10 pm Reply with quote
oh god why?
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Teenage girls kissing. That's why. God is good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Aaron White wrote:
Yup. for example, I don't think Hideaki Anno did the opening for Mahromatic out of a deep spiritual need.

um, *that* I'd actually disagee with. First of all, he only provided storyboard drawings, and second, if you actually take a bit to think about that OP, it's *very* different from what most anime have. Instead of just random shots from the series, it's pretty much a self-contained short that at the same time manages to evoke several classic Gainax images. So, my money is on Anno doing what he did precisely because it gave him a chance to flash his skill without committing to a major project.

---

As far as the t.A.T.u. anime goes (and as far as that goes, the band is perfectly acceptable Europop, no worse than a billion others), my thoughts are that it'll most likely just be a glorified trailer, a la the Daft Punk Interstella 5555 thing. Actually *I*'m much more interested in this general trend of taking Russian settings/characters as the new in thing - the Ghost in the Shell TV opening, the background of Wolf's Rain, now this...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
UberTai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I've seen some pictures of t.A.T.u as anime chicks before, but not in an actual anime. I just hope that this isn't a(n):

1) Barbie-like anime in which a lesson about working together is taught at the end.

2) A hentai. What would make them think that they could make a hentai anyway?

3) good movie/ series/ whatever they're doing. It would probably bring more singers or actors to start an anime movie or series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zeiram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:44 pm Reply with quote
e_e i dun give a care if they real or fake lesbians, the art looks cool, I'm gonna check it out, mebbe it'll be awesome, i dunno.

I like their music ^^, manufactured? eh how th eheck much ya have to work two women to be liek that? bah dun care if that's real or fake, they are still fun to me.

i'll just listen to some e nomine and be quiet e_e
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:04 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
um, *that* I'd actually disagee with. First of all, he only provided storyboard drawings, and second, if you actually take a bit to think about that OP, it's *very* different from what most anime have. Instead of just random shots from the series, it's pretty much a self-contained short that at the same time manages to evoke several classic Gainax images. So, my money is on Anno doing what he did precisely because it gave him a chance to flash his skill without committing to a major project.

One of these days, Miki, you're going to have to own up to the fact that Mahoromatic is Robot Panty Fetish anime just like Steel Angel Kurumi or any of the other ones out there. Slapping the Gainax label on something doesn't automatically give it depth and substance. Having seen Mahoromatic, I can say it lacks both of those things. Fans of the show seem to cling to whatever tiny scraps of substance the show occasionally throws out as absolute solid proof that it's intellectually superior to every other robot-maid-catgirl-lolicom masturbatory explosion available on DVD now, but it deserves to be lumped in along with the worst of them.

-Z
Kanna no Mai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god!! The horror!!!
Fake lesbians kissing and a bunch of retarded perverted men getting horny by watching that.

Aaron White wrote:
Teenage girls kissing. That's why. God is good.

I was taught in Bible School that God hates lesbians.

[Note: I don't hate Lesbians, but what I hate is when guy get horny off them. The lesbians don't give a damn about men, they only like women.]
jay saenz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:41 pm Reply with quote
[Oh my god!! The horror!!!
Fake lesbians kissing and a bunch of retarded perverted men getting horny by watching that]

Laughing Rertarded pervert man here!! Theres nothing better for a freak like me than the idea of these couple of girls in anime doing kinky things. Twisted Evil

Ok, i have seen a lot of stupid fan service anime like agent aika and mahoromatic, and i had fan. But I also enjoyed evangelion, serial experiments lain and rahxephon, among another mind burning animes, so I think that this Tatu movie is sort of an interesting experiment to use the erotic qualities of anime to promote a non japanese pop duo.
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Kanna no Mai wrote:

[Note: I don't hate Lesbians, but what I hate is when guy get horny off them. The lesbians don't give a damn about men, they only like women.]

Actually I get more sugar off lesbians than off straight women. Forget anything you've heard about man-hating lesbians-all the real lesbians I know like men.

And for men, the alternative to being horny is being dead. We didn't ask to be this way! I never prayed "dear God, please fill me up with hormones that will drive me insane for the rest of my life."
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:11 pm Reply with quote
P. S. I was also disappointed by the lameness of Mahromatic. Not that I can't enjoy a lame anime if I've had enough refreshing beverages, but from the creator of Wings of Honneamise, I wanted so much more.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:31 pm Reply with quote
The Japanese cast their own insipid pop stars in their media all the time. So now they're just trying to cross over into larger markets. Makes sense to me.
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Every time you spank, every time you spank, money in the bank, money in the bank, money in the bank!"

Laughing Laughing I almost coughed up my lungs from laughing on that one. Smile

Quote:
Oh my god!! The horror!!!
Fake lesbians kissing and a bunch of retarded perverted men getting horny by watching that.

Don't be to harsh kanna Smile. sex appeal, even if its two lesbians is mighty strong with a mans thinking Very Happy . We tend to think with the wrong head Laughing
Personally I don't care. The animation quality might be the only saving grace for this one, and that probably won't do much.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:34 pm Reply with quote
UberTai wrote:
I just hope that this isn't a(n):

1) Barbie-like anime in which a lesson about working together is taught at the end.

I'm possitive we can cross this one off the list.

Quote:
2) A hentai. What would make them think that they could make a hentai anyway?

Why couldn't they?

Quote:
3) good movie/ series/ whatever they're doing. It would probably bring more singers or actors to start an anime movie or series.

I don't get this. If it's good then why would it be a problem? Why hate it for the sake of hating it?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sacchan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I don't think this anime will be a success in Japan. I mean, t.A.T.u. isn't that popular anymore. Their big concert was a total failure (I heard that the seats were mostly empty) and lasted for only 50 minutes after a 50-minute delay. Actually, they brought it upon themselves in their last visit to Japan, when they didn't show up for many of the scheduled music programs and stuff like that. Nobody knew if they were going to show up for their own concert Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4