• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: t.A.T.u. Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChichiriMuyo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:02 am Reply with quote
The Japanese are "pop-culture whores", and I'm not sure where you've been if you didn't know that. And people should get over the whole "manufactured" thing... especially if you like J-Pop... cause I tell ya what, it's all manufactured in the pop business, unless they crossed over from another genre (think Blink 182). And that Bujingai looks sweet, I might just pick up a copy... Though I'd rather see a game starring Toshiya (if not all of Dir en Grey)
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for reviving a dead topic, but here's a link to a Yomiuri Shimbun blurb on the whole mess.

More information for yo' heads.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Carol Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:57 pm Reply with quote
This would actually be intersting to see, if only it didn't involve pop stars. Now if they did this with say.....another good band that doesn't have FAKE lesbians. If only they weren't fake, c'mon, that was their key to fame, but, back to topic. A game would also be intersting and anime. As long as the art is good, and there's what appears to be a plot with lesbian scenes, I'd buy it! I'd camp outside the store if I had to! Okay, actually I wouldn't but, I'd get it though, really! It'll be intersting to see how this whole thing turns out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
space clam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking high and low for a potential plot, but alas, all I see is an empty chasm of fanservice. Although a Russian singing duo (lesbian or not) allows me to crack Communist USSR jokes all day. But maybe, if we give this to Gainax, they'll create a hilarious parody series, where they are given a horrible idea for an anime, create a show based on that premise,and spin off into a world of randomity and fanservice, and sell toys ("with real lesbian-groping action") and other merchandise marked with the "made by Gainax! The same people who brought you Eva!" stamp of approval(?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:36 am Reply with quote
You know, this anime is getting a lotta flack because it's based off t.a.t.u. You never know, this anime could be an outlet for insightful social commentary, or a groundbreaking and revolutionary love story that sets the standared for all that follow, it might literally save the entire planet from an asteroid that'll doom the human race, it might be the key that allows us to discover the power to manipulate time itself, or it...might be chop full of fanservice...but you know, whatever...I guess.
Zeiram

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:08 pm Reply with quote
e_e frankly i dun care if they real or fake. Most modern women experiment with other women secretly anyways. That is mid to late 20's. Those younger may be posers. I don't mean to diss the real lesbians

And I don't care if this is a serious story or a fan service story, this is something new and I'm gonna watch it.

I also like their music Anime smile than again I love music as a whole. I do have a discerning taste but it's differnet for each vein of music I like. So eh, yeah, these chicks are good.
space clam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:07 pm Reply with quote
#1Evafan wrote:
You know, this anime is getting a lotta flack because it's based off t.a.t.u. You never know, this anime could be an outlet for insightful social commentary, or a groundbreaking and revolutionary love story that sets the standared for all that follow, it might literally save the entire planet from an asteroid that'll doom the human race, it might be the key that allows us to discover the power to manipulate time itself, or it...might be chop full of fanservice...but you know, whatever...I guess.

It may very well save us. When an alien race seeks to enslave us, they'll look at pop culture and say, "Never mind, you're doing fine on your own." In all seriousness, the only good thing which may come of this is t.a.t.u. über-fans being introduced to anime, and bringing in new fans.

*Come to think of it, that last sentence may do more harm than good. Those kind of fans would likely turn into the worst kind of newbie instant-messenger spammers. And such an anime would likely deter many people from anime, and repulse existing fans. I guess I can't think of any positive effects of this anime. Can anyone?*

*edited for self-correction*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:17 pm Reply with quote
If there ought to be a musician-turned-anime, Wu tang Clan would be the best of that kind of anime. If you listen to their music, you'd know there would be a lot of martial arts action and their music is the best. Wu Tang Rules!!!
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:32 am Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
If there ought to be a musician-turned-anime, Wu tang Clan would be the best of that kind of anime. If you listen to their music, you'd know there would be a lot of martial arts action and their music is the best. Wu Tang Rules!!!

They're also anime fans (or at least they have anime references in some of their lyrics). I'm not sure just having martial arts in their music would make them a good candidate for an anime though. What's going to make tATu sell is the fact that they have breasts, can be passed off as lesbians, and can be transformed into magical girls/assassins/anime character fad of the month.

Though if anyone ever did want to do an anime series with Wu Tang or a similar group, they could be blended very well into something like Santa Inoue's "Tokyo Tribes" or something. Throw in some music, and the setting would be fine.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:50 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

Though if anyone ever did want to do an anime series with Wu Tang or a similar group, they could be blended very well into something like Santa Inoue's "Tokyo Tribes" or something. Throw in some music, and the setting would be fine.

...all I'll have to mention here for an example of anime-influenced Western...um...stuff is the Gorillaz music videos
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Looks like they've
returned, with the Russian answer to New York Minute. Rolling Eyes
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
A movie about them? Man, I don't want to really see that, I wanna see that anime, because now it's based off a book about their return, but I wanted to see what the anime was about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4