• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ghost in the Shell TV

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slim Shinji
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I love the Ghost in the Shell movie, but I've always felt it would have been more entertaining if it was a little more faithful to the manga (Fuchikomas, a sense of humor, and a more feminine "Shirow" design for Kusanagi). Well, based on the scant few pictures on IG's new site, the GITS TV series is gonna be just that. Looks great...can't wait!
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I love the GitS movie just as it is. Which IMHO is basically an "art movie", not an "entertainment movie". It isn't even really a GitS movie, more like a Mamoru Oshii movie based on the world of GitS.

But now that TV series... this one looks like a fan-pleaser Wink
From what I've seen on that website I get the feeling that it's going to be cool, slick, sexy and action-packed. And you know you can't go wrong with *anything* that Production IG is involved in. This is going to kick so much ass!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mrttocs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Kick arse it certainly will.I have been eargely awaiting production igs announcement on thier next project since they put the post on thier website saying they would be announcing it but I could never of dreamed of something this good.I cant wait to get to see this series.I haven't been this excited about anything in a long time.Its got everything it needs to be great.In my humble opinion this could be one of the best if not the best anime series nah series ever!!!Heres hoping.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 8:20 pm Reply with quote
If only there was a drolling Emoticon. Razz I atleast pop in Ghost in the Shell once every two months and read the graphic novel twice on the way back from Korea (I had to fit some UY in there Razz).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ghoti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Hi.

Personally I am a great fan of GitS movie and manga, but I regard them as separate productions. The anime was more (in my opinion) like a means of creating a certain mood, going together with manga but striding a bit from the path. Anyway I found the character creation and plot more entertaining in the manga than in the anime. IMHO the anime characters were a bit "stiff", whereas the manga being serious, had more complex plot and side plot, and had as well many funny gags incorporated into it and the characters were alive. Quarreling, having dilemas, drinking, joking etc. Generally I'd say that if the TV series will be like the manga it will rule, but that doesn't mean that GitS the movie is in any way crappy. :)
nagash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:56 am Reply with quote
I assume this is going to be in Japan. Any shot of it making an American channel. Maybe Encore Action?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1