• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's .Anime Sells Gundam 00 Set with Uniform Jacket

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote
That's a pretty slick jacket right there. I've fallen behind on Gundam 00 (and several other new series, I might add), but I have enjoyed what I've seen so far. This article serves as a reminder that I need to get caught up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Clodus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote
A tad expensive but it will probabaly be worth craploads in the future. wish it had more detailed pictures of it. the blu-ray release sounds pretty awesome but i dont have a blu-ray player yet so it might motivate me to hurry up and get ps3 assuming it will get licensed eventually. i need to get caught up also, im a couple episodes behind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow a lot of us haven't been watching it every week - I was just thinking the same thing - time to get caught up on 00...

But that jacket looks way awesome - I want one!
minakichan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Dude. I care nothing about Gundam 00, and I WANT THAT JACKET.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Haha, same here as well. I haven't watched it since well before Christmas, 3 or 4 eps, I think. And wow, if this gets released on Blu-Ray here, it'll be my first BD anime purchase. Can't wait! Anime hyper
MJP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know what those Japanese sizes correspond to in actual measurements? Or what material the jacket's going to be made of?

If it's decent quality nylon or other military-grade fabric, I'm in.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Japanese shirt sizes according to HLJ are roughly one size different from US shirts. I tend to be between a medium and large in US shirts and fit large perfectly in Japanese shirts. Anyone else notice how Japanese cotton T-shirts have a different (softer) feel compared to domestic shirts? It feels like they are made of a different fabric.

I'm glad that this series is getting a four episode per disc count which is rare in Japan. $500 for a series is around the typical price for a 26 R2 episode series. Blu-ray editions don't cost much more in Japan (the Utawarerumono Blu-ray box set is also $500) so heres hoping for a high definition release.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:49 pm Reply with quote
it didn't say anything about HD-dvd version. In the last few days, i keep hearing about HD-dvd is about to die. is it true?

I got a HD-dvd player for $175. Cry.. or re-sell it.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I think I'd settle with a Celestial Being symbol iron-on in the R1 release, thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I fell behind for a while too, because everything just seemed rehashed and uninteresting to me. Then I decided to get caught up and re-watched the first four episodes in one sitting. It was infinitely better the second time! It's now the series that I follow the releases on closest.

But WOW, what a price! For that price, I'd expect them to throw in all of the 1/100 Gunpla models too!

And for the person who asked about Japanese sizes. Well, they are SUPPOSED to be one size off of the American counterparts, but in reality they are a little bit smaller than that. So the Japanese L is slightly smaller than the American M, at least in the Tohoku region, which is where I live.
Asako

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
Anyone else notice how Japanese cotton T-shirts have a different (softer) feel compared to domestic shirts? It feels like they are made of a different fabric.
Ooh I noticed this right away when I bought two sonic the hedgehog shirts in Japan that were on sale. I was thinking that it might be a different weave of the threads. It's lighter and softer feel I think.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1