• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-01-09

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billyarnie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:17 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Jadress wrote:
I highly appreciate Dargonxtc for always taking it the extra mile!! Wow.
Laughing
BrothersElric wrote:
I'm just glad no one's ever done a Goku/Vegita one. At least not that I've heard of anyways.......

Re your picture... EWW! But I KNEW when BrothersElric said he/she hadn't heard of Goku/Vegeta yaoi fanart, I KNEW it was Somewhere on the interwebs. Thank you for that image... NOT! Now this red-blooded American male geezer has to watch Witchblade again to get that image out of my retinas & mind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quote
I laughed until I died. For real. And I thought the last strip couldn't be topped!
Stullz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote
freakin' hilarious! so sad but true.

*goes to purify eyes with holy water*
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote
billyarnie wrote:
Re your picture... EWW! But I KNEW when BrothersElric said he/she hadn't heard of Goku/Vegeta yaoi fanart, I KNEW it was Somewhere on the interwebs. Thank you for that image... NOT! Now this red-blooded American male geezer has to watch Witchblade again to get that image out of my retinas & mind.

To be honest, I actually wasn't too surprised that Dargon put that up there. I just knew someone would come and prove me wrong! Sad I was hoping no one would, but I was expecting it anyways. Just comes to show you that if it can be put together it can be done, sadly enough.......

Oh and BTW, I'm a dude. Wink
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Sorry BrothersElric, but if you had said any other duo then I most likely wouldn't have posted anything. Years, and years, and years ago when I was totally into DB/Z I was happily browsing the internet when I stumbled onto such pics(when thumbnails were considered an advanced feature of web design). Needless to say I was traumatized. So it just boggled my mind that all these years later some fans were yet still unaware of one of the most popular deviant fan musings. Frankly, as wrong as it is, you needed to know. Wink

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Sorry again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote
The thing about anime fandoms is that there probably is a pairing for just about everything... Anime smile + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Sorry BrothersElric, but if you had said any other duo then I most likely wouldn't have posted anything. Years, and years, and years ago when I was totally into DB/Z I was happily browsing the internet when I stumbled onto such pics(when thumbnails were considered an advanced feature of web design). Needless to say I was traumatized. So it just boggled my mind that all these years later some fans were yet still unaware of one of the most popular deviant fan musings. Frankly, as wrong as it is, you needed to know. Wink

Sorry again.

And you just happened to save those pics to use later right Dargon? Razz

And what doesn't kill you can also drive you insane. As in picturing Brokeback Mountain but with Goku and Vegita. I peg Vegita as Ennis personally. What boggles my mind is why some people would feel the need to "pair up" majority of anime characters. Aren't the stories we're given enough lol?
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
The thing about anime fandoms is that there probably is a pairing for just about everything... Anime smile + sweatdrop

With the ability to share fanfic/art that's true about pretty much any fandom. I've seen Harry Potter/Voldemort stories. WTF!?!

I love yaoi as much as the next girl (or guy), but some of these pairing are just silly. I can't blame people, however, when the manga/anime gives fans such blatant things to work with, Light and L handcuffed together, for example. Laughing
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quote
phoenixphire24 wrote:
I can't blame people, however, when the manga/anime gives fans such blatant things to work with, Light and L handcuffed together, for example. Laughing

I'm more disturbed by the fact that 'handcuffed together' = 'sexual interest' to teenage girls.
Jarm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Rich kid who is good at everything but gets beat by a poor kid in one thing, anime cliche. Widely used in Yugioh.
Hikori

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote
LMAO SOOOO TURE Anime hyper The Fan girls Attck with-in mintune Twisted Evil
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

Sorry again.

Oh well, at least if anything I'm informed now, even if I don't want to be. Gotta take in the good in with the bad, right? Wink

phoenixphire24 wrote:
With the ability to share fanfic/art that's true about pretty much any fandom. I've seen Harry Potter/Voldemort stories. WTF!?!

Oh that's just terrible! Anime cry Although I'm honestly surprised, with this particular situation, that it wasn't Harry/Draco........... Oh heavens no! Just, no! I gotta get out of here and repent! Anime dazed
rocklobster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Figures. Yaoi is so plentiful of course she'd find it. She'll be scarred for life now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
braves

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quote
LOL, that is so true. Laughing

Dargonxtc wrote:

Mild example. Black roses are hot! J/K

Did you really have to post that? Anime cry
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
This reminds me of a an incident in my middle school where one from my friends mentioned yaoi, and the curious math teacher looked up the word in google images .....to her horror....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7