• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNtv - 2008-01-26

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicserr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Furudanuki wrote:
It doesn't matter to me if Mr. Toole chooses to set himself up as ANNtv's version of MST3K. He can lampoon, eviscerate, or tenderly caress any series he wishes. He can juggle flaming DVDs while doing the "Hare Hare Yukai" dance on piles of scantily-clad catgirl figurines and singing the GaoGaiGar opening theme in Pig Latin. It doesn't really matter what my opinion of his opinion is. Unless he makes an assertion that I can demonstrate is factually inaccurate, or does something that violates a law, regulation, or ANNtv policy, I have no legitimate cause to complain about how he expresses his opinions. But if he is put forward as a reviewer, then I have every right to expect the same standards from him that I would expect from any other ANN reviewer. A minor thing, perhaps, but I thought it was important enough to point out. And since this now makes three times that I have pointed out the same thing, I see no reason or value in continuing to do so.

You're making this more complicated than it is. Stop showing off your debating skills, it's embarrassing.

I didn't insult you. I didn't attack you. You're just feeling unduely persecuted for your taste in anime by a reviewer who's perhaps a little more abrasive, but more open, than the other anime reviewers here.

If the reviews mean so little to you, as you claim, then why do you bother with them? Clearly your buttons were pushed. You're certainly entitled to voice your opinions of them, but don't rail against the reviews one moment, pretend you don't care the next, and right after that talk about the "standards" you expect from reviews that don't affect you one way or the other, anyway.

Well, you both should relax, this is just an anime review, maybe for fun both should wach Mike Toole´s review of something both of you would hate...like Odin Razz Hey, that`s an idea (the one he did with the AWO was a riot) Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
wach Mike Toole´s review of something both of you would hate...like Odin Razz Hey, that`s an idea (the one he did with the AWO was a riot) Smile

Yes! Mike Toole do Odin the next episode.

Oh and Vicserr you don't say Odin. You say OOOhhhhdddeeeeeeeeeennnnnn!!!!!
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
Vicserr wrote:
watch Mike Toole´s review of something both of you would hate...like Odin Razz Hey, that`s an idea (the one he did with the AWO was a riot) Smile

Yes! Mike Toole do Odin the next episode.

Oh and Vicserr you don't say Odin. You say OOOhhhhdddeeeeeeeeeennnnnn!!!!!

Oh Yeah!!!!, with Loudness as background music and stills of the ship as visual background Wink

Last edited by Vicserr on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Alexander Morou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote
It would be quite interesting were Mike to give general insight towards market trends in anime. Such as the decision to utterly destroy a franchise such as Naruto and Bleach by adding horrendous filler arcs when they should preempt the show with reruns. I agree that during the time of the reruns the ratings may drop; however, it's better than producing substantially retardified variants that change the course of the anime from then on (the stupid three [3] dolls in Bleach, for example.)

Though it might actually be what he did with the Kanon example he used in the first show. Though his focus was more the flooding of the market with crap shows that follow stereotypical and predictable story lines.

On a side note, Furudanuki, please review your logical fallacies. Ad hominem is when someone attacks your character or something about you personally. What he attacked was your view and your basis for your viewpoint, and was generally telling you to lighten up. He didn't call you names, or belittle you in any way by insulting your intelligence; though I'll admit he did later say you were being embarrassing through your debating skills.

To break down what he was trying to say in more direct terms: your argument is non sequitur, that is to say, "it does not follow". You're contradicting yourself by saying you disagree with their inclusion of his segment and referring it as a 'review' and then you defend the offending show mentioned. Which means, it's not so much that you disagree with what they define as a review, as it was you didn't like what he said. That could also classify this as a double fallacy, in that you used a 'red herring' technique to 'look at your definition of what is called a "review"' when your hidden intent is your obvious dislike for, again, what was said about Kanon.

One thing you cannot argue here is that you appear to have had no dislike for his review of Alakazam the Great. It appears you even mentioned it only once in rephrasing the quote:
Quote:
Check out his uniquely sarcastic review of Kanon and, with his "Old and Stupid" segment, the classic anime Alakazam the Great.

(Whereas Furudanuki's version is: "in which he reviews Kanon and Alakazam the Great")

*Edit: Though I'll admit, I don't really understand the whole persecution complex thing (for those confused, read page 6 of thread.)
Sprocket

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote
A lot of you really need to toughen up, but then, I'm talking to the internet-anime generation, so deaf ears, etc. etc. There is something to be criticized in EVERYTHING. And did you ever think your incredible bias might just be creeping up in your rather transparent fanboy/fangirl rage?

There's more important things in life to worry about, like 'financial security', or 'professional satisfaction', or the fact that the anime industry it spiralling down the toilet with the rest of the late '90s/early 00's 'specialized market' boom.

Well, keep it up. There's as much comedy in this thread as there was in Mike's show.
shaman0897

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:18 am Reply with quote
honestly, i am new in this site...and at first i was amaze because it has most of the anime stuff i need.the latest news and updates,..but after i saw the video "Anime Jump Show:kanon" I was dismayed...

I really like Kanon...and it was one of my favorite anime so far, i just don't like the way he gave his opinion about it....

He act as if he know what are good animes...but honestly i don't even think he likes Japanese anime...and i don't think he is expert either...

I've been watching anime since i was a child ,so i already know which are good and bad.i even know which has good quality and which has low quality...and i've been giving my opinion to it also...but not in that rude manner..

Yah!!...the drawing might not that excellent but the story behind it, it was awesome and great....

Sad Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7