• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Stitch! Anime No Longer Listed on Disney XD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Japan got the American Stitch series in addition to their own... I don't understand why the same can't be the case here... they didn't advertise it, and they only showed it once on a channel that is for older kids and at a time when most kids are at school!
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I really wanted to see heroman on tv, this makes me feel really bad about heroman's chances in the US and that is STAN LEE for crying out loud.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it's like they got that just to undermine Disney Anime hyper UK's geting one month of Inazuma and then canning that.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote
How is this news? It was known before the show aired that it was only going to be on this week. Did everything think the schedule lied?
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:20 am Reply with quote
Emperor Fred wrote:
It's still 4 more episodes than Cartoon Network ever ran of Powerpuff Girls Z.

True.

But I liked PPGZ and i would definitely take that series over Stich! any day.

with it tanking that quickly,i have a feeling that series is not the only anime that will be gone from xd.

Hopefully it'll also mean shippuden will no longer be in their clutches anymore. That relationship was the worst business decision since the AOL/Time Warner Merger.

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I really wanted to see heroman on tv, this makes me feel really bad about heroman's chances in the US and that is STAN LEE for crying out loud.

Your not the only one. However this here will shot any idea of xd getting that broadcasting license. my guess, CN will eventually get the broadcast license and i viz would get the overall license,since they have a good relaionship with lee ( since their doing the Ultimo manga ). better them than a sub only companie which will give it the gintama / eyeshield 21 treatment, or WORSE, 4kids or Nelvana somehow get their gruuby hanhs on the license.

Last edited by jr240483 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quote
As I mentioned here before, there's also this possibility:
enurtsol wrote:

CN used to do this all the time - they call it "stealth launches." Basically, they release it largely unadvertised (so they don't spend much money on it) and test the waters, before deciding to either drop it or go all-out spending money on the re-launch.
daichi383

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:06 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Wow, it's like they got that just to undermine Disney Anime hyper UK's geting one month of Inazuma and then canning that.

Disney Anime hyper UK and the whole inazuma thing was their own fault cause they aired it when their target demographic was at school.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

CN used to do this all the time - they call it "stealth launches." Basically, they release it largely unadvertised (so they don't spend much money on it) and test the waters, before deciding to either drop it or go all-out spending money on the re-launch.

Ahh, so there is a name for that. Good to know.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Your not the only one. However this here will shot any idea of xd getting that broadcasting license. my guess, CN will eventually get the broadcast license and i viz would get the overall license,since they have a good relaionship with lee ( since their doing the Ultimo manga ). better them than a sub only companie which will give it the gintama / eyeshield 21 treatment, or a far far worse co getting the license.

heh, Viz has a better relationship with Lee than Disney even though Disney now owns Marvel and is technically doing all Marvel goods...
Kokoroanime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote
This what happens that Disney shouldn't put anime on morning when most of kids at school.

This should be on Disney Channel instead of Disney Anime hyper...
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:16 am Reply with quote
daichi383 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Disney Anime hyper UK and the whole inazuma thing was their own fault cause they aired it when their target demographic was at school.
Actually, being fair there, it aired in the Summer Holidays. However, punting them right back in the face after the fact, the simple fact is they never advertised it (as if they were ashamed of having anything from Japan that wasn't Pokémon for once) except for during when it was airing as in Part 1, Commercial Break, Show Advert For the Show that is in progress, Part 2.

And, really, Generic Disney Dramady #14, this time the two frat twits are Incan Gods or something, can't be getting anywhere the sort of ratings they want.
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 pm Reply with quote
But yes of course, now that I think about it the release time (not time splot, I mean actual calendar date) was in an obscure time for the US. releasing the the middle of a fall block when as many of you say is a school related time. The most successful release times in the US have always been at the beginning of the fall or summer season. Versus Japan which can release evenly on a 4 seasons timeframe and still pull good numbers.

I'm thinking Disney saw this as a cheap animation project to test our again since they owned the rights to the series and all it required was a dubbing. As most of you know, Disney has lost many of its animation abilities for their channels in favor of a cheaper method in somecases (live-action). Especially since Disney continued to play off their repetative method of taking their actors/actresses and converting them into music artists. Yep, they have been doing that for years now and it continues to make way with the newest attempt being China Anne McClain from "A.N.T. Farm".

To be honest, the true animation of Disney which had started well in the 90s ended with the final season of Kim Possible. Even before that during the years of "That's So Raven", if you study the programming well you will notice the steady increase of live action comedy involving younger kids (aka. The Disney Channel Stars) mostly in part to the huge success they had with a particular set of twins that caused the launch of their costars into several positions at the moment. Let's recall the popularity that Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale, and Debby Ryan who you can guess were all helped by Disney in their music careers.
Eventually their contracts will end though so that will be interesting. (typically happens at the age of 18-20, since the original contracts were signed with parental consent portions)

Yep, Disney really does need to get back to its roots. Walt really focused on animation as being the key factor to his success. Disney just needs to swing back I think like Cartoon Network is doing with their new animation blocks, though I really need to convince the to bring an old but goody back in the case of a particularly named block called..."Toonami" which 4kids "Toonzai" block is based off of.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote
This is horrible news, less chance of Seasons 2 and 3 ever being dubbed now.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quote
NeumanProductions wrote:
Especially since Disney continued to play off their repetative method of taking their actors/actresses and converting them into music artists.

Not like anime do the same thing. Laughing
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
NeumanProductions wrote:
Especially since Disney continued to play off their repetative method of taking their actors/actresses and converting them into music artists.

Not like anime do the same thing. Laughing
I recognize that but my point is in reference to the reasoning why the animated show has drifted away from the Disney mainstream when it comes to television. The main reasoning for this was because they found a way to cash in many venues such as the reasoning behind some people wanting FUNimation to create a music division for releasing the Japanese artists works in the US. (However, the internet and itunes can deal with that most likely)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3