• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New AKB48 DVD to Come with 1 of 116 Random Photos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures of peoples' shipments of this DVD... I bet we'll see some even more epic photos than that guy who bought 5500 copies.

http://img3.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/safe-ix/ak48-otaku-buys-5500-copies-3.jpg

http://img3.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/cache/100906__468x_ak48-otaku-buys-5500-copies-2.jpg

scary!
dan9999

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Amazing all the evil schemes these corporations can come up with to milk to death fans, well the fans are to blame as well so they even out, guess those fans WILL buy many copies to get the photos.

No wonder this idol group sells millions upon millions and tops the charts if the followers are forced to buy dozens, hundreds, THOUSANDS!! of the same material!!

In a way this groups is cheating the charts and ranking!
inu-liger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Japan has such a weird, messed up way of dealing in the music business, never mind a corrupt way of ripping off anime and music collectors domestically and worldwide with their outrageous pricing. The current market conditions DON'T help either!
abominaSion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:43 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Amazing all the evil schemes these corporations can come up with to milk to death fans, well the fans are to blame as well so they even out, guess those fans WILL buy many copies to get the photos.

No wonder this idol group sells millions upon millions and tops the charts if the followers are forced to buy dozens, hundreds, THOUSANDS!! of the same material!!

In a way this groups is cheating the charts and ranking!
They just have really big fans. They aren't forcing anyone to buy anything. After all this isn't... Food, medicine or education. If someone wants to spend all of their money on a entertainment product if it makes them happy. Then so be it.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:
Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures of peoples' shipments of this DVD... I bet we'll see some even more epic photos than that guy who bought 5500 copies.

http://img3.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/safe-ix/ak48-otaku-buys-5500-copies-3.jpg

http://img3.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/cache/100906__468x_ak48-otaku-buys-5500-copies-2.jpg

scary!

I'll give it 12 hours tops before the first photos appear on 2chan.

abominaSion wrote:
They just have really big fans. They aren't forcing anyone to buy anything. After all this isn't... Food, medicine or education. If someone wants to spend all of their money on a entertainment product if it makes them happy. Then so be it.

http://kotaku.com/5855514/the-depressing-world-of-unemployed-nerds?tag=culturesmash

Last edited by Sunday Silence on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:29 am Reply with quote
I'll never get why people keep harping on random obsessive Japanese fans when we have plenty of our own. When multiple girls/guys get arrested for trying to kill Selena Gomez because she's dating Justin Bieber and we have cults dedicated to her death, I don't think we have much room to be throwing stones.
Mirri

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:57 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
I'll never get why people keep harping on random obsessive Japanese fans when we have plenty of our own. When multiple girls/guys get arrested for trying to kill Selena Gomez because she's dating Justin Bieber and we have cults dedicated to her death, I don't think we have much room to be throwing stones.

We have our obsessive fans, but they're not relevant to an interest story about an AKB48 DVD. This particular obsessive fan was.

There was no hostility intended towards this fan. I don't know about you, but I [seriously am] unnerved [sic: scared] that someone would purchase 5,500 copies of a CD just so their favorite "singer" could win a popularity poll.

Just because it's a bit scary doesn't mean that I don't want to see the pictures though... because there are going to be a lot of DVDs in them.

edit: put "singer" in quotations.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:45 am Reply with quote
Imagine if Bandai had released random episodes of Haruhi on discs, forcing you to buy many discs if you want the whole collection! Laughing

Besides, why don't the fans just set up a photo trading website? Any extra photos you have, trade for other people's extra photos that you don't have. No need to buy thousands of discs.

TitanXL wrote:

Yeah, but we condemn those fans too! Laughing
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:52 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Imagine if Bandai had released random episodes of Haruhi on discs, forcing you to buy many discs if you want the whole collection! Laughing

Besides, why don't the fans just set up a photo trading website? Any extra photos you have, trade for other people's extra photos that you don't have. No need to buy thousands of discs.

While a noble idea, the mere concept of people hoarding massive amounts of goods is human nature in a sense.
Mirri

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:05 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

TitanXL wrote:

Yeah, but we condemn those fans too! Laughing

You defiled the photos of my precious [ ]-tan with your filthy grubby hands!

...or something.

Also, even if Bandai put random episodes of Haruhi (specifically, season 2) on discs for people to buy, they'd all have the same episode on them anyway... Wink

In all seriousness though, these dedicated AKB48 fans are pretty out there. I can't imagine buying 5,500 copies of a CD... well, maybe in my dreams if I had a seven figure income.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:26 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

While a noble idea, the mere concept of people hoarding massive amounts of goods is human nature in a sense.

You remind me of the Hoarders TV series. Laughing

Mirri wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Also, even if Bandai put random episodes of Haruhi (specifically, season 2) on discs for people to buy, they'd all have the same episode on them anyway... Wink

Well, that too.
And with regards to S1: who could tell? Laughing

Mirri wrote:

In all seriousness though, these dedicated AKB48 fans are pretty out there. I can't imagine buying 5,500 copies of a CD...

Reminds me of Perfect Blue's Me-Mania buying all those photobooks for a slightly different reason. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1