• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
When does the Air Gear manga go past the anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quote
There is one other topic addressing this but the answer was pretty inconclusive. Just wondering approximately what volume the anime finishes at since I might consider picking it up after finishing the last few episodes of the anime.

And yes, I know it's pretty fanservicey but it has a very similar appeal as Tenjho Tenge did for me (both Oh! Great titles) and I might do the same thing I did with Tenjho and just archive the anime and start at volume x in the manga.
joshuafer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote
usually its about 8 manga to a 24 episode anime series, i base this off of mahoromatic and Tenjho tenge ( which followed the manga so close it was pretty much a waste of money for me to buy the first 8 manga, although the 2 OVA's diverged a fair amount. ) I am reading the air gear manga, and it has not passed the air gear anime, that I have seen, and I stopped collecting the anime. I do know manga 6 is covered in the anime. 7 might be the last one, I am not sure. BTW 6 did not cover all of what i saw in the last disk, which was 4, so I would say you have a wait still.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I figured it would be somewhere between 6-9 like it is for many series.

7 is the most recent volume (came out yesterday I think) but chapters has the series up to at least 9 so I know it'll keep going past 7.

Just to narrow it down entirely, for those who have been reading the manga but have not seen the anime, the anime stops when spoiler[Ikki completes the Devils 30-30 in Kyoto and sets the new record of 35.09 metres for a distance jump.]
sirgalahadthegreat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:13 am Reply with quote
I think it's around Chapter 25, so it must be around Vol.3-4.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1