• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mamoru Nagano's Gothicmade Anime's TV Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome! I saw ADV's DVD release of the Five Star Stories film when I was about 11, and watched it again a year or so ago; visually stunning, and quite excellent. Same goes for the manga, the first two chapters of which I was able to acquire at this year's AWAcon. I love this franchise, and it's great to it's creator doing some new work. Looking forward to it!

Incidentally, the Five Star Stories film introduced me to one of my favorite songs: "Hitomi no Naka no Far Away" by Yoko Nagayama. A really excellent song that you should check out if you have the time.
partially

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Haha this has been sitting on the backburner for so long I thought it would never come. I am particularly amused that a trailer from over a YEAR ago shows more footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqNfh5u6-I although admittedly the new one is cut for TV. They release so little stuff for this though.

Still the animation is nifty, even if most of it appears to be cel-shaded. For something I have been checking up on occassionally for years, I hope it turns out well.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty much one guy doing the entire thing, so I worry that the film is going to be too much of showcasing his vision and not enough entertainment.

Even so, I have been eagerly awaiting this for five years. The mecha look absolutely awesome, I hope they are more than just a tease.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:20 am Reply with quote
Any word on what the premise of this series is?
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
Any word on what the premise of this series is?

First of all, Google is your friend.

Secondly, Gothicmade isn't a series but a movie.

Thirdly, here is the premise as taken from the YouTube video that partially linked to.

On a tiny colony world named Carmine, young women known as Songstresses inherit the generation memories of those who came before them, using their knowledge to help a populace that suffers under the harsh policies of the ruling interplanetary league.

Newly reborn as a Songstress, 16-year-old Bellin Ajelli sets off a holy pilgrimage across the planet. Rumors of a possible terrorist attack result in Prince Truhallon of the militant Donau Empire being sent in to protect her, but his very presence is the antithesis of everything Bellin stands for. The two are as different as night and day, but theyre stuck together until they reach the capital.

I first learned about the movie in NewType-USA, but the magazine ain't around no more and I can find the profile information that the article had. Nevertheless, the above summary does match what I remember.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quote
I have yet to see FSS, but I really like the art in the preview.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1