• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Tactics DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biliano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
The only key cast member who isn’t a long-time ADV regular is Blake Shepard, who’s done only one major role prior to this series (he was one of the leads in Gilgamesh) but gets the lead role here.

Hate to do this, but I have to correct you on this portion of your review. Blake Shepard was Kazuki Shikimori in Maburaho; IIRC that was a major role that he did. His name was spelled wrong in the credits page for Maburaho (it was spelled Shepherd).
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:21 pm Reply with quote
<Checks Encyclopedia again.>

Ah, the different spelling on his last name meant that performance and a couple of others weren't cross-referenced properly. No wonder I missed it. Confused

Still, he's a relative novice compared to the likes of Chris Patton, Monica Rial, Luci Christian, Vic Mignogna, Nancy Novotny, etc., who also work on the project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I also have to correct you on the ending theme, 'Mienai Chikara' which was translated as Unseen FLower. To my knowledge 'chikara' means something like Power. But correct me if I'm wrong. Wink
gknight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote
does the show have shounen ai?
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote
maus wrote:
I also have to correct you on the ending theme, 'Mienai Chikara' which was translated as Unseen FLower. To my knowledge 'chikara' means something like Power. But correct me if I'm wrong. Wink

You're right, I read the DVD credits wrong. It's been corrected.

And for gknight: if the series does have such content, it's not evident in the first volume.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
biliano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Still, he's a relative novice compared to the likes of Chris Patton, Monica Rial, Luci Christian, Vic Mignogna, Nancy Novotny, etc., who also work on the project.

Yes, that's true. Blake's been with ADV Studios for about over a year I believe, and while I believe that he has the potential to become a wonderful performer, he still has a ways to go to reach the levels that Chris Patton and Vic Mignogna established in their careers.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:39 am Reply with quote
Currently watching this on Sci-Fi Channel, it's a pretty good anime. Sadly I didn't see the first few episodes, so I'll have to get this DVD to recap what I missed.

Blake Shepard isn't too bad, he's kind of a B+ to me
mufurc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:57 am Reply with quote
gknight wrote:
does the show have shounen ai?

No, it doesn't. It has some subtext, but even that isn't particularly prevalent and/or important. People not looking for it will probably not even notice it. (Same with the manga, as far as I can tell, though it's maybe because the mangaka blows off steam by writing doujinshi about her own characters... Very Happy)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1